Updated Flash and now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischlerpromo

I just updated my Adobe Flash, both updates, one for IE and the other for other browsers.
YouTube, which is run by Flash is working on Firefox, but on your site it says I need to update my Flash, which just did.
I am familiar with computers and this is stumping me.

If YouTube works, shouldn't your site as well in FF, both are run by Flash?

I did the uninstall-install twice and still no dice.

What do you think?

fischlerpromo

First thing I did after I installed....It works in Chrome, it works in IE but not FF.
I have the latest update to Flash.
I just don't get it?

..between all the bloatware and the memorys leak ... FF has really turned into a real POS browser.

I'm moving over to Chrome.... fast, streamlined and takes mouse gestures... I wish FF could see the gesture I'm giving them now... :)

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I'm using FF and just checked the flash on our main site and Youtube. No issues. I'm using Flash ver 11.2.202.228.

I use Chrome and FF and find FF renders vBulletin better, along with better interface control, than Chrome.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Go into your ff add on's manager and see if everything is on the up and up...On the top look for "check to see if your plug ins are up to date. I am now running the version WayneH is running"

Last edited:

fischlerpromo

Strange, I don't see Flash as an add-on, but I do see it in my control panel. Nor do I see an add-on listed for Flash. I got it from the Adobe site.
Like I mentioned I am having no problems with YouTube.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Strange, I don't see Flash as an add-on, but I do see it in my control panel. Nor do I see an add-on listed for Flash. I got it from the Adobe site.
Like I mentioned I am having no problems with YouTube.
When you right-click a flash element in Youtube do you see a version number? Maybe when you ran the Flash updater FF was still loaded in memory so it didn't get installed properly. I'm not sure what else to check.

MFD4305

NoScript?

If you're running NoScript on FireFox, you may need to "allow" the page that results in the update message.
Just a thought....

Status
Not open for further replies.