• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Updating Tone Remote Base Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Here are some screen shots of my programming for the CM200 radio that is being used by the tone remote phones.

Attachments

• ToneRemoteRadio1.jpg
    ToneRemoteRadio1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 236
  • ToneRemoteRadio2.jpg
    ToneRemoteRadio2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 220

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
The TRA should be all set to go, but you'll have to run a couple of extra wires to the CM200 to make it change channels.

The last three screw terminals of the TRA should be the relay contacts for F1/F2 (common, normally open and normally closed. Not sure which is which, check with an ohm meter). The relay will toggle as you press the F1/F2 button on the remote.

The common would hook to ground. Just run a jumper over to the black wire on terminal seven for this. For the normally closed terminal run a wire to pin 6 of the CM200 and also a wire from normally open to pin 8.

Then in CPS you would program the accessory package as "channel steering" and the inputs as low.

All there is to it, pretty straightforward.

This picture should help me determine what screw terminals are what. This CPI TTP1(N)-C Controller looks like it is very similar if not identical to the controller that we have.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 8.06.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 8.06.27 PM.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 264

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have ordered a new harness to interface between the CM200 and the CPI Tone Controller since the harness that I have doesn't have enough wires to connect everything I need to the CPI Tone Controller.

Here is on issue that I haven't discussed. The CM200 that is interfaced with the CPI Tone Remote system is also used by the operator manning the ski lift station. If we try to communicate to him using a Tone Remote Deskset/Handset unit he is unable to hear our transmission because the CM200 radio at his operating station is the same radio we are transmitting on via the Tone Remote unit. This has been problem magic in the past. Is there a way to hook up an external speaker to the rear pin outs on the CM200 or the CPI Tone Controller itself that will allow the person manning the lift operating station to hear the transmit audio into the CM200 or out of the CPI Tone Controller?

cmdrwill

Maybe a audio amp/speaker across the remote pair. And the remote op will not hear the local op...

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I will see if I can find a small speaker with built in 12v amp. Attaching it to the remote pair seems like it would work. I believe that right now we can hear the lift operator when they are using the hand mic attached directly to the CM200 over the Tone Remote units. Just not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.