Uprr

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0QNB

I have been doing a full band search for the active UPRR freqs in Western Nebraska.
I can't say any one frequency was more active than any other, here is what I have so far
I do not know the primary usage of these...yet.
160.605, 160.465, 160.470, 160.600, 161.475
had the most activity Sunday (yesterday)
Mainly what I am interested in is the security/police and road frequencies for the UPRR.
If any body can shed some light on already discovered frequency usage, or can offer additional channels please do so, I will appreciate it.
73 Ryan KCØQNB

btritch

Not sure about Nebraska but UP uses 160-320 here in Arkansas for Primary Usage..Road/MP Detectors/Police/etc..That's the only channel they use here....period..But like I say, I don't know about in Nebraska...They may be different in some areas than others, But that's a suggestion..

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
it is different in different areas...

where exactly are you located?

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Well Ryan....

I looked up your callsign (stupid idea to have it on the Net IMO) and see that you are in Gothenburg, NE, the kearney sub channel 2424 (160.47) From East Grand Island to North platte, that is the road channel. Just to the west of you they use 5555 (160.935) and 3838 (160.68)

Allan_Love_Jr

From Arlington and Pacific Street to Fremont on west the Road Channel is 9292 (161.490Mhz)
From Arlington and Pacific Street on east runs on Channel 4242 all the way to east Mo Valley.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
BNSFrailfan said:
From Arlington and Pacific Street to Fremont on west the Road Channel is 9292 (161.490Mhz)
From Arlington and Pacific Street on east runs on Channel 4242 all the way to east Mo Valley.

Omaha is western nebraska?

KC0QNB

this will be an off topic statement
Well you have to understand, the socio-political climate here, as far as Omaha and Lincoln residents are concerned the western boundary of the state, is about Grand Island trust me on this one.
For example the governor vetoed a bill to raise our gas tax, so some more money would be available to fix highways in the state, mainly the money was already earmarked for improvements on I80 between Omaha and Lincoln.
Here is another one KOLN/KGIN (Lincoln/Grand Island) channel 10/11, are offering a pretty good deal on a Midland Weather Radio, available in Hy Vee Stores in the state, problem is the nearest Hy Vee to Gothenburg, about 200 miles away, I have already emailed them about expanding their promotion to include the "other Nebraska" I guess we don't have bad severe weather out here in the "sticks", well I remember about a year ago a tornado just missed Gothenburg by about 3 miles.
rant end.

owenmcc1

Feed Provider
KC0QNB said:
Well you have to understand, the socio-political climate here, as far as Omaha and Lincoln residents are concerned the western boundary of the state, is about Grand Island trust me on this one.
For example the governor vetoed a bill to raise our gas tax, so some more money would be available to fix highways in the state, mainly the money was already earmarked for improvements on I80 between Omaha and Lincoln.
Here is another one KOLN/KGIN (Lincoln/Grand Island) channel 10/11, are offering a pretty good deal on a Midland Weather Radio, available in Hy Vee Stores in the state, problem is the nearest Hy Vee to Gothenburg, about 200 miles away, I have already emailed them about expanding their promotion to include the "other Nebraska" I guess we don't have bad severe weather out here in the "sticks", well I remember about a year ago a tornado just missed Gothenburg by about 3 miles.
rant end.

WQAD-TV in Moline, Illinois has them at Hy-Vee AND Hy-Vee Drugstore locations in Iowa and Illinois. KCCI-TV in Des Moines is doing the same in Iowa. KETV-TV in Omaha is doing that in Iowa and Nebraska.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
KC0QNB said:
rant end.

That is more of a Hyvee promotion than any certain TV stations...

Theey're like 29.95 and have been for at least 2 years... If it is that important paypal me the $$$ + Shipping and I'll send ya one.

KC0QNB

I appreciate the offer but I have several wxr units here, it just struck me wrong that they do all this stuff for the eastern part of the state, and neglect the rest of us. I sent 1011 another email last night, now they are offering the units at area Alco stores, so maybe my first emal did some good, maybe not.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
As I said, it was a Hy-vee corporation thing, not a certain station promotion.

I still see the display every time I walk into hy-vee and we dont have any local tv staions...

KC0QNB

OK thanks guys, I have a lot of traffic to listen to on 160.470, now then do the defect detectors in this area use the same frequency, I seem to remember a few years back they did, but I have not heard any lately, could be that the UP doesn't run defective trains any more lol.

btritch

KC0QNB said:
OK thanks guys, I have a lot of traffic to listen to on 160.470, now then do the defect detectors in this area use the same frequency, I seem to remember a few years back they did, but I have not heard any lately, could be that the UP doesn't run defective trains any more lol.

USUALLY NO...Around here NO anyway, Usually the main dispatch channel or so it is here...

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
btritch said:
USUALLY NO...Around here NO anyway, Usually the main dispatch channel or so it is here...

If you had provided me with your location I could have told you everything you wanted to know...

And actually there usually is just one main "Road" Channel and yard channels then some MOW channels that are not area specific.

You would hear TDD's on the road channel with the trains and Dispatcher on the Road channels and some Yard channels.

KC0QNB said:

HAHAHA I wish....

The explanation there is that on the Kearney sub (where you live) they are using detectors that will only talk if there is a defect. Thats why you dont hear them anymore.

BigC801

KC0QNB said:
could be that the UP doesn't run defective trains any more lol.

Now that is funny:lol: , I would say at least every other trip we break down, get a knuckle or have a TDD go off.

Status
Not open for further replies.