USAF Thunderbirds flyovers to honor 1st responders 4/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
I heard there will be air to air refueling involved in this flight up and down the Front Range. Any ideas what they will use for the AR freqs? I'm also wondering what they will use for talking to Approach and Denver Center?

A few of us are wondering where the best place to go to get pictures might be...

Attachments

• Rky-Mtn-Airshow-T-Birds-5-29-15-8.jpg
    Rky-Mtn-Airshow-T-Birds-5-29-15-8.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

eyes00only

This is going to be going on for about an hour from the Springs to Fort Collins. Sounds like a great opportunity to monitor. I will be searching the UHF band but what other suggestions does anyone have to enter directly? 123.025 for Denver area? I've never done much air monitoring.
It says it the paper that this will start about 1250 on Saturday.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
The Thunder Bird flyover of the Front Range on Saturday. It supposed to start about 1250 pm over Greeley and go counter clock wise to Ft Collins and then down the Front Range, including a loop over Metro Airport in Broomfield, down over Denver and then south to Pueblo. From what I can see, they will be 350 - 400 ft above ground level.

Attachments

• T-Bird Flt -2.jpg
    T-Bird Flt -2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 61
  • T-Bird Flt -1.jpg
    T-Bird Flt -1.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 61

KD0DUJ

This is going to be going on for about an hour from the Springs to Fort Collins. Sounds like a great opportunity to monitor. I will be searching the UHF band but what other suggestions does anyone have to enter directly? 123.025 for Denver area? I've never done much air monitoring.
It says it the paper that this will start about 1250 on Saturday.
yes you can do have a ham radio or a scanner

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
The Thunder Bird flyover of the Front Range on Saturday. It supposed to start about 1250 pm over Greeley and go counter clock wise to Ft Collins and then down the Front Range, including a loop over Metro Airport in Broomfield, down over Denver and then south to Pueblo. From what I can see, they will be 350 - 400 ft above ground level.
What is the source for more detailed map? I would like to see more of it.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
141,85 MHz seemed to bthe primary plane to plane used today.... Low clouds didn't help but it was nice to get out and watch something!

Attachments

• T-Birds@BJC_4-18-20-A.jpg
    T-Birds@BJC_4-18-20-A.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 17
  • T-Birds@BJC_4-18-20-B.jpg
    T-Birds@BJC_4-18-20-B.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 18
  • T-Birds@BJC_4-18-20-C.jpg
    T-Birds@BJC_4-18-20-C.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.