USB Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjscott51

Premium Subscriber
Beside the price can someone please tell me if there's any difference between the Uniden USB-1 and a standard USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-B?

Thanks,

Paul

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Beside the price can someone please tell me if there's any difference between the Uniden USB-1 and a standard USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-B?

Thanks,

Paul

The Uniden USB-1 cable has a serial to USB interface device built into the cable. The USB-1 cable is not required for, nor will it fit into the programming port on the BCDx36 scanners.

A standard USB to mini cable is all that's required.

marksmith

The USB-1 cable is required for the XT (396,996) and others such as the 15x or T models (396/996) because of the connector on the radio side, which is not a standard mini connector.

The x36 radios, as well as the phase 2 radios based on the XT radios (996p2 and 325p2) use a standard USB connector on the radio side.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
The only thing you need to keep in mind is that you might need to install the Uniden drivers for the x36HP scanners. BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

I had this problem over the weekend when I upgraded to ARC536Pro and didn't have the drivers on my laptop for the Virtual Control. If you're not using VC, you might not need the drivers, but then again installing them won't hurt.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I had this problem over the weekend when I upgraded to ARC536Pro and didn't have the drivers on my laptop for the Virtual Control. If you're not using VC, you might not need the drivers, but then again installing them won't hurt.

If you are using ARC536Pro for Virtual Control, the recommendation is to use the rear port (where the GPS device would connect) and then cable it back to a serial port (or one with a USB to Serial Adapter).

Its a known problem where using the supplied cable to the front connect jumps from Serial Mode to Mass Storage and Virtual Control fails.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm using a 436HP and haven't had that problem. It does bring up another question though. Can I use the GPS port on the 436HP with VC? I thought I was able to do that with Scanner Screen in the past, but can't get it to work any longer.

If you are using ARC536Pro for Virtual Control, the recommendation is to use the rear port (where the GPS device would connect) and then cable it back to a serial port (or one with a USB to Serial Adapter).

Its a known problem where using the supplied cable to the front connect jumps from Serial Mode to Mass Storage and Virtual Control fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.