USR PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIFM790

Hey Everyone,

Upper Saddle River went quiet on 453.550 in both Digital and Analog. Any one know where they went to?

Thanks

NParkNJ

On the Road
Are you sure they didn’t just have a quiet day? Idk how busy they are/aren’t but in my town(Ringwood) and even Wanaque next door, I thought they moved to something else because I didn’t hear them for a day or two. Was just quiet.

Another option, they moved to encryption on their frequency in digital?

They may have joined Bergen County TRS?

Someone in the know just informed me that USRPD switches back and forth between analog and digital on an unpredictable basis. So, you must have both the analog and digital info programmed into your scanner in order to monitor them.

asnhnetwork

Are you sure they didn’t just have a quiet day? Idk how busy they are/aren’t but in my town(Ringwood) and even Wanaque next door, I thought they moved to something else because I didn’t hear them for a day or two. Was just quiet.

Another option, they moved to encryption on their frequency in digital?

They may have joined Bergen County TRS?
I have been hearing Washington Twp Moonachie and Rochelle Park up on the County tg's recently.

BFIFM790

Thank you everyone for the help. They are P25 on their UHF Frequency with a NAC of 35D still, but I keep getting LNK on the scanner screen. What would that indicate? Not the same as ENC?

NParkNJ

On the Road
Thank you everyone for the help. They are P25 on their UHF Frequency with a NAC of 35D still, but I keep getting LNK on the scanner screen. What would that indicate? Not the same as ENC?

Not the same. If it was ENC you wouldn’t hear anything. Or if you did it would be noise.

LNK just means its receiving data.

BFIFM790

I’m sorry. I’m at a loss. I ended up pulling out my old 296D and can get them just fine In the clear but my 396XT is auto muting them because of the LNK data. Any way to override this? Why wouldn’t the 396XT broadcast the audio if it detects it?

NParkNJ

On the Road
I’m sorry. I’m at a loss. I ended up pulling out my old 296D and can get them just fine In the clear but my 396XT is auto muting them because of the LNK data. Any way to override this? Why wouldn’t the 396XT broadcast the audio if it detects it?

That’s weird. It should have no problem. For starters, do you have it enabled with the NAC? And also how is your squelch? I’ve never had a problem with conventional P25. I also had a 396xt. Try putting it in as its own channel with NAC if its not.

BFIFM790

Hi Gents I appreciate your help with this. You have been awesome.

So the channel is in on its own with 35D as the NAC. Squelch Level is 8.

This is so weird because I do not have this problem with any of the other NWB towns on digital. This is the only channel that won’t decode.

Anything else I can do with this?

NParkNJ

On the Road
Hi Gents I appreciate your help with this. You have been awesome.

So the channel is in on its own with 35D as the NAC. Squelch Level is 8.

This is so weird because I do not have this problem with any of the other NWB towns on digital. This is the only channel that won’t decode.

Anything else I can do with this?

Definitely turn the squelch down. Me and many others suggest the squelch should be no more than 2.

High squelch like that will filter out nearly everything. Lower squelch allows weaker(and also a distance from you) frequencies to come in. Give that a try, listen and then see.

Status
Not open for further replies.