UT-36

IK2GNP

Probably I will need an UT-36 speech board to complete an R9000, but it seems very difficult to find one.
However, I have one of that board in an old R8500. Do you know if the boards are exactly the same in both receivers?
If so, I could take out my board from the R8500 and translate it in the R9000, but I don't want to make big disasters and destroy something!!
Could you please assure me about this point? Thanks.

merlin

I believe they are the same boards for both mobiles and portables. If the plugs mate, you are good to go.
Your user guide should have the install instructions.
They do turn up on ebay, but getting harder to find.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I think the 8500 uses a different UT-102 speech synthesizer. There were plenty of older radios that use the UT-36 so there must be one out there. Perhaps in Japan where scrap radios turn up on e-bay from time to time.

IK2GNP

I think the 8500 uses a different UT-102 speech synthesizer. There were plenty of older radios that use the UT-36 so there must be one out there. Perhaps in Japan where scrap radios turn up on e-bay from time to time.
Oh dear.... this is not a good news.
Yes I just checked, the R8500 had the UT-102. No way to translate it in the R9000.

Last edited:

IK2GNP

I don't need anymore. Just found an unbelievable deal for a like-new R9500 that includes the speech feature onboard, without any additional option. Thank you for all your suggestions.