Valid Object ID's? PRO106/197

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
Anyone know what the valid object id's are?

I'm programming with WIN500, and try to keep my object ID's grouped to make it easier to update.

The problem is that I don't know an ID is invalid until I attempt to upload the scanner refuses it, and WIN500 changes the numbering.

So far everything from 0 to 1799 is good.
Is there anything above that?

Thanks
Chuck

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
I tried that at the beginning, but everytime you add something the new numbers are "automatically" assigned a unmber by the system. I don't even pay any attention to them any more. You can't look anything up in the scanner itself byt he number assigned anyway!

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
Thanks Don.

hcpholder:
Even though you can't look them up, it makes it easier for me to keep track of if I put all the Mutual Aid objects in one series of numbers, local county conventional in another, etc, all within WIN500.

DonS

You can't look anything up in the scanner itself byt he number assigned anyway!

You most certainly can:

MAN or PGM
n n n n
ENTER

where <n n n n> is 1-4 digits of ObjectID.

For example, to go directly to ObjectID 21, it would be MAN 2 1 ENTER. For ObjectID 1817, it would be MAN 1 8 1 7 ENTER.

I use this to lockout/enable TSYS objects, when I have TGRPs from several TSYSes in the same scan list. I also use it to quickly park on any TGRP or CONV object I want.

EDIT: The procedure above is described in the various PSR-500 family manuals that I just downloaded from RadioShack and GRE America:
PRO-106: page 41
PRO-197: page 38
PSR-500: page 47
PSR-600: page 47

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.