ARC536: Version 2.0 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Continuation of the issue:

This morning, I added some Unit ID's via Sentinel. Uploaded to 536 without issue. Closed Sentinel, opened ARC software...read from scanner...checked box of system I updated...then it opened up. Save...edited system name...clicked yes when it prompted me to replace...closed ARC. Reopened ARC...open system I made changes...no changes made.

This is how I have done it for the past year without issues. Since Build 12,13 it's not saving any changes. Read the notes, doesn't appear to be any changes that apply. What am I missing here?

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Continuation of the issue:

This morning, I added some Unit ID's via Sentinel. Uploaded to 536 without issue. Closed Sentinel, opened ARC software...read from scanner...checked box of system I updated...then it opened up. Save...edited system name...clicked yes when it prompted me to replace...closed ARC. Reopened ARC...open system I made changes...no changes made.

This is how I have done it for the past year without issues. Since Build 12,13 it's not saving any changes. Read the notes, doesn't appear to be any changes that apply. What am I missing here?

To save files to the scanner you need to use the Write Data button. Using the file menu will only save a local copy on your PC.

Gommert
Butel Software

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
To save files to the scanner you need to use the Write Data button. Using the file menu will only save a local copy on your PC.

Gommert
Butel Software

Yes...did that Made changes via Sentinel...verified it too changes. Opened up ARC software, read from scanner, but it's no longer reading changes. Any changes I made in Sentinel are no longer getting read from the scanner.

If it did work I'd check the box of the "updated" system, read from scanner, then "save". An hpd file is saved in my documents then, I name it.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I'm getting confused now, first you reported an issue uploading data, now it is an issue reading data from the scanner?
Is the software detecting the scanner at the correct USB drive? It is not possible that a new file is written by Sentinel and ARC reads the old version of that file from the scanner.

Gommert
Butel Software

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting confused now, first you reported an issue uploading data, now it is an issue reading data from the scanner?
Is the software detecting the scanner at the correct USB drive? It is not possible that a new file is written by Sentinel and ARC reads the old version of that file from the scanner.

Gommert
Butel Software

This is what I've been doing. I make changes in Sentinel, upload to scanner. Unplug cable and verify changes took effect. I plug cable back in, open up ARC software, read from scanner and check the box of the system that I made changes to. I go to File, Save File or Save File as and it's now in my Documents as an hpd file.

Since Build 12...it read's changes, but when I save the file, no changes made, but scanner is detected.

Build 13...It's not reading changes at all, but scanner is detected.

No issues using Sentinel to make changes, so ruled out cable/port issue.

I have uninstalled software, and reinstalled. Re-registered, tried different USB port on computer. I have both a 536 and a 436 and this is happening in both.

I have the Transcend 32 gb SIM card in both. Prior to these versions, I had no issues. Not sure what changed as I've read the manual before posting.

GamecockSJ

Whenever I transfer anything to/from my scanner (BCD436HP) I lose the scanner preferences. Things like display settings, tone volume, replay duration, etc. Anyone else having this problem? Scrolled through this thread but didn't see anything about this specifically.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
This is what I've been doing. I make changes in Sentinel, upload to scanner. Unplug cable and verify changes took effect. I plug cable back in, open up ARC software, read from scanner and check the box of the system that I made changes to. I go to File, Save File or Save File as and it's now in my Documents as an hpd file.

Since Build 12...it read's changes, but when I save the file, no changes made, but scanner is detected.

Build 13...It's not reading changes at all, but scanner is detected.

No issues using Sentinel to make changes, so ruled out cable/port issue.

I have uninstalled software, and reinstalled. Re-registered, tried different USB port on computer. I have both a 536 and a 436 and this is happening in both.

I have the Transcend 32 gb SIM card in both. Prior to these versions, I had no issues. Not sure what changed as I've read the manual before posting.

A few days ago, Build 14 was downloaded. Unfortunately, no changes. I did some research and found Build 99 Version 5 in my ARC files and was able to make and save changes as I was previously able to do. I really don't understand why my computer and the software aren't behaving. Besides...I like the older version which I will use despite the "newer version message" popping up.

I like the option of editing and/or adding to my 436 as I use that for portable use. It's a convenience for me instead of editing the Profile in Sentinel that I use primarily for my 536. For the time being, I'll just run the older version of ARC that works well. Build 14 will be put on the back burner.

GamecockSJ

Whenever I transfer anything to/from my scanner (BCD436HP) I lose the scanner preferences. Things like display settings, tone volume, replay duration, etc. Anyone else having this problem? Scrolled through this thread but didn't see anything about this specifically.
It was Sentinel doing this. Lately I've not been using the scanner much so when I would plug it in to add things from ARC536 I'd update the RR database at the same time. I tried them separately and it was indeed Sentinel.

Hi:

Not too sure if this is the right place to post this. I'm running the basic V2 build 14. I noticed that I can no longer see the Quick keys and/or Department # that I've assigned when I open a favorite list on the left side.

Attachments

• V2 Build 14.jpg
    V2 Build 14.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 100

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Version 2/Build 14

Decided to pull out an older ASUS computer, register the software and downloaded from both my 536 & 436. I was able to successfully save to the ASUS computer, running Windows 10.

Tried again on my HP running Windows 10 without success. Both scanners are detected, but unable to read or write to the the scanners. Anything I can look for here? Prior to Build 12, I was able to read and write to both scanners. I've been looking for a settings change that I might have overlooked, but so far no luck.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Gommert,
I don't remember if I or someone else has brought up the bug of the last digit of the UID not showing up. Im thinking it got fixed on the scanner GUI but the log part its still not including the last digit. UIDs are 8 numbers long in this area.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.