• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex VX-4207-7-45 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

RXRich

Hello,
I have a Vertex VX-4207-7-45 that flashes screen and says "Error 2". I have looked everywhere I can and don't see what this may be, or the possible fix. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

radiotweester

Are you able to read/write the radio?
Have you tried reprogramming it with either the basic default file or your template?
Do you have the SRX Board installed?

RXRich

No I have not, I am used to working on Kenwood's and this unit was given to me. It is very clean and no visible problems inside. I kinda thought it was a firmware issue, but new to working on vertex. Are you setup to program and install these files?

radiotweester

I've programmed them since they first came out. I wasn't smart enough though to write down the error codes. I asked about the SRX board as I had one ground out to the case before a Vertex case revision. Normally the read, save then write back is the BEST way, but I have had to force/write the default file once or twice over the years. That file is installed when you first install the program. Open defaultv.c59 select file type of CE59 Mobile Files (*.CE59) then connect the radio, hit write, power the radio on when it says and it will HOPEFULLY take.
I believe CE59 Rev 5.04 was the final software release. If you don't have it, it is free and pretty easily found on a web search.

RXRich

Thanks so much. I will give that a try. Sure do appreciate the assistance.
Rich

RXRich

The radio will not turn off and on when the programming cable is hooked up to it. I also cycled power off and on and it says product type mismatched. unable to us this program. It is a 4207 radio and software CE59. I am at a loss on this one. Any suggestions?
Rich

Danny37

The radio will not turn off and on when the programming cable is hooked up to it. I also cycled power off and on and it says product type mismatched. unable to us this program. It is a 4207 radio and software CE59. I am at a loss on this one. Any suggestions?
Rich

Try running the software as an administrator. Power on the radio and connect the cable after power on and then force download the default code plug as mentioned before. I fixed an error-2 with an vx-800 doing this in the past. Could give it a go. Also check to make sure you have the latest software, some versions of CE59 are buggy.

Danny37

Thanks Danny, I will try this. I appreciate the help.

Rich

One thing that came to mind as well now that I think about it is that some CE59 softwares are region or User locked. I think there's an "E" version of the software floating around. You could have a European radio, I'm not sure how you differ between the two but it could be possible. Some software only let you upload and download and others let you do alignments & more etc, usually those full version of CE59 are what dealers have but they're available.

radiotweester

Rich, I messed up the default file in my previous post. I had it in my mind it was a VHF, and not a UHF D version. The default file to try is defaultud.c59 My apologies. That should fix the mismatch issue.

RXRich

Nothing I try seems to work, it still says a mismatch. What programming cable should I have? I am trying to use a FIF-12, CT-104, is this the problem?

Thanks,
Rich

Danny37

Nothing I try seems to work, it still says a mismatch. What programming cable should I have? I am trying to use a FIF-12, CT-104, is this the problem?

Thanks,
Rich

Try this with a grain of salt but maybe put it into clone mode and try to read it that way?

I'm unsure how you could put this model into clone but I did do this years ago to a vx-5500 and it worked.

RXRich

I tried to return to default under adjustment, it still says mismatch. I cant give up on it,,,,, its driving me nuts until I get it now. lol

Thanks,
Rich

RXRich

1548904426490.png
firmware version is blank, I am not sure that is correct, but it doesn't matter what uhf file I use for mobile, it stays blank. Only when it is a handheld file does it show a firmware version. I am at a loss, and not familiar with Vertex programming software.

Rich

Danny37

Not familiar with the clone method.

Thanks,
Rich

I'm only guessing here for you to get into "clone" mode but before you connect the radio to the software. Hold down one of the soft keys starting with "P1" if it doesn't work then try each one after that like P2 P3 and P4. Try one each one until the radio's display reads "clone" then try reading the radio from the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.