• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex VX414 programming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Anyone know where I can find the CPS for Vertex 414 radios? Motorola no longer supports the radios or has the software available.

The Town must have been cleaning out the junk drawer, because my Fire Company now has half-a-dozen Vertex 414 radios for use by Fire Police. I have been asked to make them operational ... my suggestion that we use them as chocks was not met with approval.

KD8HMJ

hi i just checked and it looks like i found it for you.www.vertexradiogroup.net. 35.00bucks one year ce64 vx414 handheld software download. that will cover your membership and they have it listed for download. 73 john KD8HMJ

MBill

Premium Subscriber
Something to be aware of as you check out these radios. The 414/420 series has front end issues.
Two main problems are: the mikes go bad fairly consistently and the spring clips that press up against the speaker pads deform and cause
intermittent or no sound issues. Don't know if the mikes are still available. Also with the mikes, Vertex in later issues of this radio started
putting plastic spacers in the mike holder cup to help the mike contact pins make better contact the the circuit board pads.

sefrischling

Something to be aware of as you check out these radios. The 414/420 series has front end issues.
Two main problems are: the mikes go bad fairly consistently and the spring clips that press up against the speaker pads deform and cause
intermittent or no sound issues. Don't know if the mikes are still available. Also with the mikes, Vertex in later issues of this radio started
putting plastic spacers in the mike holder cup to help the mike contact pins make better contact the the circuit board pads.

Thanks for the heads up. Two of them seem to be trash so far. You turn one on it just squeals, the other obvious bad one doesn't appear to have the speaker connected at all. I tried testing them on the DPW frequency programmed into the radios.

These are not my first, second, third, seventh, tenth choice ... these are trash leftovers. I don't plan to put much effort into them.

sefrischling

hi i just checked and it looks like i found it for you.www.vertexradiogroup.net. 35.00bucks one year ce64 vx414 handheld software download. that will cover your membership and they have it listed for download. 73 john KD8HMJ

Thank you. I'll go take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.