VLC Stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

krw

Feed Provider
Hi all,

I've been trying to use VLC with my bcd536 to stream to Radiofeed and onwards to Broadcastify.

VLC will not run for sometimes a few minutes to several hours. It just stops playing! No freezing or anything like that. Not very useful when trying to run a feed.

I have VLC 32 bit to run on my XP machine and I have the most current Radiofeed.

This is very frustrating and any help would be welcome.

Thanks

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I've been trying to use VLC with my bcd536 to stream to Radiofeed and onwards to Broadcastify.

VLC will not run for sometimes a few minutes to several hours. It just stops playing! No freezing or anything like that. Not very useful when trying to run a feed.

I have VLC 32 bit to run on my XP machine and I have the most current Radiofeed.

This is very frustrating and any help would be welcome.

Thanks

I'm curious on the purpose of using VLC? Why not just use RadioFeed to stream to Broadcastify. RadioFeed can connect directly to the BCD565HP using the Wi-Fi dongle.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
What version are you running? I had to go back a few on my XP machine because it was doing strange stuff.

krw

Feed Provider
Re:

I'm curious on the purpose of using VLC? Why not just use RadioFeed to stream to Broadcastify. RadioFeed can connect directly to the BCD565HP using the Wi-Fi dongle.

I've been trying to get that to work, but the only instructions I find is to have it work with VLC.

Would you mind sending me the instructables?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to get that to work, but the only instructions I find is to have it work with VLC.

Would you mind sending me the instructables?

The link is in the About tab. Here it is
RadioFeed Setup Instructions - The RadioReference Wiki

The first thing to do is select the scanner type in the Metadata tab. Select BCD536HP

Go to the Source Client tab and select URL in the Input Sound Device.

Enter this in rtsp: //192.168.1.8/au:scanner.au
Using your IP address

krw

Feed Provider
Re:

Did all that. Tested with VLC to make sure it worked. Worked fine on VLC, but not so much on Radiofeed.
I get no udp connection and tcp is sporadic. It's not a good enough signal to create a connection.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Did all that. Tested with VLC to make sure it worked. Worked fine on VLC, but not so much on Radiofeed.
I get no udp connection and tcp is sporadic. It's not a good enough signal to create a connection.

Double check and triple check that you have the URL correct.

The URL should be like this except use your scanner IP address -> rtsp://192.168.1.8/au:scanner.au

What is the URL you entered in the URL box?

It will work if you got it to work with VLC.

krw

Feed Provider
That was the problem. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Was a bit of a learning curve, but managed to get it working better than imagined.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.