Volume level

Status
Not open for further replies.

granpawdave

I don't see any place in butel software to set a default volume level, I turned the scanner off at night, so when I turn it on in the morning I have to wait until it loads up frequencies then turn it up, am I missing this setting or is this something that would be nice to have it added?

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I don't see any place in butel software to set a default volume level, I turned the scanner off at night, so when I turn it on in the morning I have to wait until it loads up frequencies then turn it up, am I missing this setting or is this something that would be nice to have it added?

Which Butel software, and which scanner type?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Muscle memory. Turn the scanner on and keep turning the volume knob to where you normally like it set. Then when the radio is finished reading the SD card you’re good to go!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe that feature is available. Portable scanners has push buttons to power on, so the volume will be whatever it was (unless knob was turned).

Mobile scanners have rotary volume/power knobs. I have learned by "feel" where the knob should be for my desired volume.

There are settings for individual channel volume, but those are relative to the scanner volume. For example a +3 volume is very loud compared to the -3 volume (very low). Some channels are inherently louder or quieter than others and this is where this setting is helpful.

Ubbe

If its a scanner with SD card and the volume uses a common rotary dial that has no stop, like a BCD436 or SDS100, then set the desired volume just before powering off. It will power on with that setting.

/Ubbe

granpawdave

Yep that works, I have it on a table and it sits a little lower than most, I was hoping I just could set it in the software and be done it would have saved me from putting on my glasses. Thanks for the tip.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you look at the volume knob, you'll see a little bump on the knob, which can be felt with a finger tip. You can learn by feeling where that bump is when you set the desired volume. Then next time you turn it on, rotate the knob to the same place for a good starting point.

Ubbe

You could just turn the volume down to zero and never power off, that's what I'm doing. Then it will have no power up delay while it loads the scan lists, you only have to turn the volume up in the morning.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.