gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone here have radio id's recorded for either county?
I have a Whistler TRX-2 and I'm interested in recording those particular id's, specifically for LE helos.

TIA.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Are you talking about tg id's or individual radio id's? I am not aware of a way to record certain radio id's.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am not aware of a way to record specific radio id's using a scanner.

There are 2 ways with sdr software if the radios are on a trunked system. Should also work on p25 conventional as well as dmr.

Since sdrtrunk lets you enter radio id's into the alias list with talk groups and set record and listen flags. You download the system into sdrtrunk and set it up with Trunking Recorder and after that works, go into sdrtrunk alias list and turn off listen / record on all the non interest tg's. (if you just want radios only, turn off all tg's.) Then add the radio id's to the alias list and set those all to listen / record. Then use Trunking recorder for the playback via your web browser.

The easier way is to download the system into sdrtrunk, then set listen / record to ON for only the tg's that the radios are using. Then using the playback through Trunking recorder, just enter the rids of interest into the user dropbox and it will only play those. This way also give you the benefit of being able to listen to all activity on tg's of interest since all traffic was recorded. You would just use Trunking Recorders playback options to selectively listen to certain radios.