Voorhees PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Hello I have a BCD396XT and listen to Voorhees PD on 155.745. I guess I should say I try to listen to them on that freq. Does anyone know how to get around the crappy audio on their channel with the XT? I have the frequency set to FM modulation instead of NFM. The dispatcher's side isn't too bad (just a little low) but every field unit sounds very muffled and overmodulated and even in a very quiet room at a very audible volume I have lots of trouble hearing the units. Any ideas?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
They have been like that for years. That repeater has loud audio and the users over modulate alot. There's nothing wrong with your scanner and probably little that can be done on your end to remedy the problem.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you trying to put up with some of the Medford dispatchers. They have terrible background noise and a mic that makes a loud clunk every time they unkey. Medford has the worst dispatch audio on the county system, central however is crystal clear.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Didn't Voorhees upgrade their system a few years ago? Always wondered why they didn't go to UHF or 800. Their DPW is still on low band too.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9550/5.0.0.320 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

They upgraded radio to POS Vertex portables; the service agency apparently doesn't understand how to properly aligned these radio, thus their crappy audio. The service monitor indicates that they are in violation of the FCC licenses, which is limited to a 20KHz. channel; however the field units are at 25KHz. and well past the normal 5.0KHz. deviation mark, perhaps someone should drop a dime to the FCC as this is most likely the only way this will ever be corrected! Additionally, Voorhees is moving over to the county this summer, no more local dispatch for them and it remains unclear if they will keep their own VHF channel or end up on Zone 3 or 4 of the counties UHF system...

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the progress if any on the Camden County trunked system that was discussed a while back?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the progress if any on the Camden County trunked system that was discussed a while back?

Latest news is that several towers are in the process of being built or are out for bid, with at least one tower completed so far; located out in the Winslow/Waterford area. These changes are going to take a long time, especially with the politics of this county...

ampulman

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9550/5.0.0.320 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

They upgraded radio to POS Vertex portables; the service agency apparently doesn't understand how to properly aligned these radio, thus their crappy audio. The service monitor indicates that they are in violation of the FCC licenses, which is limited to a 20KHz. channel; however the field units are at 25KHz. and well past the normal 5.0KHz. deviation mark, perhaps someone should drop a dime to the FCC as this is most likely the only way this will ever be corrected! Additionally, Voorhees is moving over to the county this summer, no more local dispatch for them and it remains unclear if they will keep their own VHF channel or end up on Zone 3 or 4 of the counties UHF system...

I don't normally monitor the Camden Cnty zones, but on the rare occasions that I have heard them, it seems that their radio codes are not the same as Voorhees'. Anyone confirm? Also, since the county system is UHF, would Voorhees need to buy new equipment or, is the current equipment upgradeable?

Anyone know what type of trunked system the county will eventually operate?
Amp

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Voorhees PD uses most of the same codes that Camden County Central uses, with the exception of their "Code 3" which is essentially the same as central saying 10-6, or situation under control. They also keep the Camden County Identifiers being District 34, all their units are ID'ed as 34xx. I cannot say so far as how Voorhees will replace their radios once they switch over to Central. I've heard talk that County will use a Project 25 system, although I believe that is just speculation at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.