• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VXR7000 Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinblue

Premium Subscriber
I am new to the Vertex line. I have two VXR7000 and a VXR5000. I am used to Kenwood TKR and NXR series and I have a problem. The VXR 7000, both of them, puts out noise, with the PL on the frequency it is set for. Not a powerful noise, but powerful enough to keep any radio in the immediate area from scanning.... they lock on to the frequency. Clear as mud?

I recall in the old days, with the Motorola bricks in LE, that they also put out a detectible noise on its set frequency when in monitor.

Is this a Motorola thing that I have to live with? I find I actually like the VXR better than the TKR.... except for this....

radiotweester

I THINK this model is in constant TX and the amplifier and PL/DPL is only activated during repeat. It's been a while since I've messed with one, but I remember something similar regarding nearby portables. Try a frequency counter near the TX antenna connector.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
If the repeater is able to be programmed as a simplex base station then the idle TX frequency needs to be shifted otherwise it would fubar its own receiver. In the TKR/NXR this is a manual selection in any operation mode. I'm not sure about the VXR7000 but it might be automatic only when the TX and RX is the same. Maybe check the help files.

cmdrwill

Exciter VCO stays on. The TX amplifier stages stay off, idle, and are keyed on for Transmit.

Status
Not open for further replies.