WA DNR Sound Level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLindemann

Hello Everyone,

I am a volunteer Search and Rescue member in Thurston County and run a Uniden BCT15 in my truck. While scanning WA DNR I normally receive really good reception, however it comes in really quite. I am wondering if anyone else has this issue with WA DNR channels?

This only happens with WA DNR, all other agencies come in loud and clear (Thurston, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Pierce, and Mason County Sheriff's Offices and Fire).

Thanks in advance for you input.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Maybe they have gone to narrow band transceivers and are using audio compression.
There are a few transmitters here in the Spokane area that are like you describe,
a strong signal but the audio is like 20% of the total package.

scootz

Premium Subscriber
If I remember correctly, all of WADNR is now narrow band. That happened as of 2008. All of the state repeater codes changed to DPL that year.

If you have a newer Uniden or GRE, you should be able to set the modulation to NFM and that should assist in the signal being a little more in line with the wideband channels.

Hope that helps out.

rodentkj

Feed Provider
If I remember correctly, all of WADNR is now narrow band. That happened as of 2008. All of the state repeater codes changed to DPL that year.

If you have a newer Uniden or GRE, you should be able to set the modulation to NFM and that should assist in the signal being a little more in line with the wideband channels.

Hope that helps out.

DNR sent us a letter last year with the frequency list for our area. And I do seem to recall they were listed as being narrowband.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I found my note for State A being DCS tone 047.
For the 159.3600 is now 159.3675 156.7

Status
Not open for further replies.