WARNING: If you plan to get an Uniden SDS100 soon... Don't go to Amazon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
and Prime is not free.

I noticed that they just recently added commercials to prime video streaming. So it is just like how cable tv started way back when, you pay a fee to have no commercials yet in the end you end up paying AND watching advertising 🤬

Rodmanb294

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if it's inflation from a new batch that just arrived, greed or whatever, but if you planned on purchasing an SDS100, it might be a good idea to do it sooner than later. Amazon just raised their price to $100.00 more than some places are currently selling it for! Just thought you'd like to know so you don't get ripped off.

View attachment 114479
Mine will be delivered today from Bearcar Warehouse.... $650.00....

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Mine will be delivered today from Bearcar Warehouse.... $650.00....
Sweet! I'm sure you are going to enjoy every second playing with your new toy. Are you going to hook it up to a computer? If so, and if you have not already done so, consider downloading the Sentinel software and learning your way around it. Also setting up a favorites list can get you a jump on things for when it comes later today.

As a relative newbie (to that radio), I think you're gonna love it! (y)

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
I noticed that they just recently added commercials to prime video streaming. So it is just like how cable tv started way back when, you pay a fee to have no commercials yet in the end you end up paying AND watching advertising 🤬

Yup, just like the old print magazines. Publishers made money off the advertisers AND the people who bought the magazines. Just like government and taxes, the streaming services sneak them in on you little by little so people are like frogs in water slowly being brought to a boil.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Yup, just like the old print magazines. Publishers made money off the advertisers AND the people who bought the magazines. Just like government and taxes, the streaming services sneak them in on you little by little so people are like frogs in water slowly being brought to a boil.
The flip side is you get charged more to have no commercials, just like Hulu does. I like that idea personally, as it gives the option to the consumer.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
The flip side is you get charged more to have no commercials, just like Hulu does. I like that idea personally, as it gives the option to the consumer.
As for consumer options, I tend not to buy any product that floods radio or TV with endless commercials. All that advertising cost money, so the cost gets baked into the cost of the product. Also, if they do not mention how much it costs, I will not even bother to find out. There was one exception to my rule, one products commercials irritated me so much, I went online just to look it up... and they REQUIRED your email address before even telling you the price!

kayleesdad

Amazon = quick gratification = addiction = unnecessary stuff

Luckily your teeth don't fall out immediately.

The 2022 dates and days on posts are off on posts, is that my cell phone or RR?

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Amazon = quick gratification = addiction = unnecessary stuff

On Thursday Amazon announced that they're jacking up Prime membership fees starting next month as well (sooner for new members), $20 increase for annual membership and $2/month increase for monthly.

This was just before Amazon announced that they DOUBLED their profits for the quarter ending last December and absolutely slaughtered analysts predictions. So nice of them to take more money from people already struggling with inflation to pad their already gargantuan profits. One of their reasons for the hike? Added Prime video content. I wonder if the added content that they're referring to is the advertisements they now added (more money for them) that you have to sit through on the Prime videos that you're already paying to keep ad-free?

We'll be canceling our Prime membership next month before the price increase. I'm so done with Amazon.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Oh no, I have to sit through a 15 second ad for Prime Video showing me other content I might be interested in but maybe didn't know they had before getting to watch my show? THE HORROR! Totally negates the whole getting what I ordered the next day thing.

And a $20 a year bump??? Sorry kids, looks like there won't be a family vacation or Christmas for 2022... And maybe you should only give Fluffy half a can of food and save the rest for your own dinner tonight. Amazon is really putting the squeeze on us, gonna have to tighten the purse strings and get a second job.

kayleesdad

Some people sell the children and eat the cat to support their addiction. The first step is to admit you have a problem, before it gets out of control. Hamcation Orlando is right around the corner, watch out kids and kitties!

MStep

I was hesitant when they went from 99.00 to 119.00 a year. At 139.00, I read the fine print and found that a friend with a Prime account can add one other adult to their Prime account at no extra charge. My neighbor is gonna let me piggy-back on her account since I end up receiving most of her packages anyway. Seems to be the best option.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
If it's not worth it to you, cancel your membership. Problem solved. To me it's worth every penny. I'm a man of great leisure and convenience, plus Reacher is turning out to be a pretty badass show.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
I already cancelled Prime, it's not like I really got if for their shows, because I don't watch them (not enough time in my day anyway), but they don't even ship promptly anymore, so I'll subscribe in November order everything and cancel again. I'll do the same with CBS all access when ST Picard is in the last couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.