Washington Co and Fremont, NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquierStrat

thank you for the response! immediately after posting, i uploaded the new site and talkgroups in to my 396xt (with that new control channel). its been about an hour now and i havent heard a single peep. meanwhile im still hearing traffic on the analog channels...

edit: thought id clarify, im not hearing any FREMONT traffic. washington county and blair are coming in crystal clear tho

Last edited:

SquierStrat

Something strange ive noticed while listening to Fremont, i was hoping someone could explain.. With my BCD396xt and new TRX-1 sitting side by side, ive determined fremont uses Phase 2... about 75% of the time.. There are times when i hear them perfectly fine on the 396xt, and others only the TRX-1 hears them, and displays "D2" signifying they are phase 2. Just wondering what causes them to switch back and forth numerous times each day...?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Talkgroups can be dual mode P25 Phase 1 & 2. If all radios affiliated to the talkgroup are Phase 2 capable, then the talkgroup will be carried as Phase 2. If a Phase 1 radio affiliates to the talkgroup, then it will revert to Phase 1 for backwards compatibility.

I'm guessing that there is a Phase 1 radio that sometimes affiliates with the talkgroup.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroups can be dual mode P25 Phase 1 & 2. If all radios affiliated to the talkgroup are Phase 2 capable, then the talkgroup will be carried as Phase 2. If a Phase 1 radio affiliates to the talkgroup, then it will revert to Phase 1 for backwards compatibility.

I'm guessing that there is a Phase 1 radio that sometimes affiliates with the talkgroup.

I'm wondering if one of their radios affiliates to another site on the system will their talk group revert to phase 1? Since the Washington county site (which includes Fremont) is the only site capable of phase 2.

Just FYI Douglas Co probably will be updating to phase 2 within 3-6 months.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroups that are phase 2 will revert to phase 1 if a P1 radio affiliates to it using DDM which is a system option, and enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.