Washington County EMS

radiotweester

Tuesday Aug 1 is the day when MetroWest is replaced by AMR as the Ambulance Service for Washington County.
I don't have any info regarding TGs or freqs as of yet. It sounded like AMR was suppose to be more automated regarding dispatching so I would assume WC will set up an EMS Dispatch TG like BOEC has. It's possible that VHF might be used as in Clackamas Co. Anyone who happens to hear, please give input.

radiotweester

Unfortunately I'm stuck in P25 P1 and RTL-SDR, but THANKS for the info!
It explains why 155.235 only has the 2## and 3## IDs.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
That was the one. I was down yesterday monitoring Wash Co. C site I think and heard nothing.

radiotweester

I've heard them come up on MC EMS Dispatch by mistake, so the 700/800 dispatch channel on WC TRS makes total sense.
Might submit then if you haven't. I've not looked recently. Thanks!

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
BTW, BOEC Goat mtn has a better signal recently. It seems to affiliate better to the north and through downtown.

Last edited:

radiotweester

Bringing back a dead thread, but as it's about ambulances. ;)
I saw a story on the news this past week about MetroWest being contracted by AMR because, surprise surprise, AMR can't keep enough units in service to respond in a timely/contracted manner. Has anyone heard if these units are identifying as Metro ## or AMR 1##. Apparently it's just during the day right now, and I'm not able to listen then.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how Washington County Fire Ops channels and Clackamas County Ops channels are assigned by 911 for responses? Is it by department or district, geographical location of the incident etc.? I heard a Clackamas County #1 engine talking to dispatch on Ops 24, but not on Ops 22 or Ops 23.

radiotweester

Does anyone know how Washington County Fire Ops channels and Clackamas County Ops channels are assigned by 911 for responses? Is it by department or district, geographical location of the incident etc.? I heard a Clackamas County #1 engine talking to dispatch on Ops 24, but not on Ops 22 or Ops 23.
This probably should be a new thread -
I can answer for Washington Co.
Ops 32 "routine" response for all West Stations - Forest Grove 4, Gales Creek 7, Cornelius 8, Gaston 11, Banks 13, Buxton 14, Timber 15
Ops 33 "routine" response for all Hillsboro 1 2 3 5 6 104, *North Plains 17 and Midway 19 were until the change to TVF&R staffing
Ops 34 "routine" response for all TVF&R stations 5#, 6#, 7# and Newberg 20s, Dundee 30 and North Plains 17, Midway 19
Ops 35 All Taskforce, Box Alarms, MCA responses
Ops 36 same use as Ops 35 also had been used for Ambulance coordination during MCAs and when branches are established
Ops 37 Police/Fire patching such as active assault, or shooting/stabbing Also is used after Ops 35 and Ops 36 are assigned.
Ops 38 was a patch for METCOM (N Marion County) for mutual aid communications
Ops 39 was a patch for Yamhill Co for mutual aid communications
Portland Ops 10 used in previous fringe areas of Portland, Washington County where the Washington Co TRS had poor/no coverage

For Clackamas I can answer
Ops 22 "routine" response for Lake Oswego
Ops 24 "routine" response for Milwaukie, Oregon City, Happy Valley and ___________
Ops 25 All Taskforce, Box Alarms, MCA, responses

Last edited: