Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Anyone loving this weather we're having and have had? I'm so ecstatic since I have to be outside working in it,and my cup runneth over with all the slipping,snow drifts,unshoveled walks,driveways etc. My day feels so complete lol

MOTOROLANUT

Blizzard

LOL The Blizzard conditions around here make it colder than a witches t*t.
Plus all the frozen ice under the snow on the highway make driving even with a 4x4 a daily challenge.
God help the eastern panhandle.....Martinsburg and so on are receiving the worst of the storm...

dwlyons

I got mad after last weekend's storm and mess, I packed up and went to VA Beach (really went on business).

Got up this morning in the hotel and the local radar indicated no precipitation. Walked out of the hotel's door and was greeted with silver dollar size snowflakes.

It went down hill from there.

Came out of the Hampton Roads tunnel to visibility of about 300 yards. By the time I got to Williamsburg it was down below 100 feet. Of course that didn't slow down the tractor-trailers or the young girls who have mastered the art of texting and driving. Some of these traits could have been responsible for the 50-vehicle pile up that occurred at Williamsburg behind us on westbound I-64.

The normal 4-5 hr drive turned into a 9 hr adventure culminating to my return to the eastern panhandle. You have to appreciate the tension headache at the base of your neck to achieve the excitement level of the drive.

Berkeley Co. highways make you appreciate the worst dirt logging trails in the heart of hills of WV. Those trails are better. It has to have something to do with the height adjustment on the skid plates on the plows. They need to adjust them down the additional 5" the have them set up too.

I just got word that DOH has suspended operations in the eastern panhandle until such time as the wind and drifting succumbs. From the appearance on the state route I drive to my lane, I question if they ever started (just in jest). I got to admit they are doing a terrific job having to deal with the leadership this state administration has shown. They had to pull some of their operational plows to facilitate the governor’s visit earlier this week. You folks in Kan-a-wa-ha Co, keep the idiot down there - PLEASE. Our tax dollars will get there without his help.

On a closing note - EVERYONE - STAY DRY AND SAFE. Leave the highways to the idiots.

KC8ULU

Premium Subscriber
Normally I love this stuff. I love driving in it, photographing it, playing in it. However, my fiancee took our truck to work, and when she stopped at the Walmart in Kingwood, the starter decided to crap out. So, a friend of mine is taking me into Kingwood tomorrow so I can fix the truck....in the parking lot...in the cold...in the snow.

Once it's running, I'll enjoy it all over again. :)

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Man this snow stuff is getting OLD,I'm gonna hold a phuxantey Phil BBQ with all the fixin's,he'd been safe if he had predicted a early spring...... I HATE WINTER.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Man this snow stuff is getting OLD,I'm gonna hold a phuxantey Phil BBQ with all the fixin's,he'd been safe if he had predicted a early spring...... I HATE WINTER.

That's me and you both ODO! lol

I'll have to check the latest forecast again today but it looks like, according to WCHS news, that Central and Eastern WV will be getting a Blizzard with this next strom. Accumulations will range between 12 to 18". They are predicting that this one is going to be worse than the one back in December.

Anyhow should be some good listening with all the wrecks, DOH Crews, etc. Stay safe.

73s

Chad

gambill1

on channel 3 or 4 which ever you prefer, they said here in the charleston area by the time this is done by this weekend we could get about 9 inches. this sounds fun considering the last time it snowed I got the company van stuck up. Luckily the place I was delivering to all their company trucks were 4x4's. the pulled me out. the following trip I parked at the top of the hill and walked down.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Holy Cow,it might hit almost or maybe 60 Sunday or Monday! Almost shorts weather for me,bring it on!

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Holy Cow,it might hit almost or maybe 60 Sunday or Monday! Almost shorts weather for me,bring it on!

Wow! All I can say is we're due for some pretty weather. 60 will sure feel good after all these days in the 20s. Lets keep our fingers crossed that they don't change the forecast between now and then.

73s

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.