Western MA Tone Outs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandit17

Hi everybody

I'm sure everybody's been through this 1000 times, but here we go again. I've been searching all over the posts and have not found any answers to my questions. Does anybody have tone out info for western MA? I know the city I live in, Easthampton, has tones because I hear them all the time on my 396T and 780xlt. The area's surrounding cities and town's also use tones but I can not figure out the charts or anything. Please help. I have listed my cities freq along with some surrounding cities, maybe it will help!

Easthampton Fire 155.415 PL 127.3
Northampton Fire 154.220 PL 82.5
Holyoke Fire 159.645 PL 74.4

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Dan

Last edited:

bandit17

Everytime I hear Holyoke Fire, or Easthampton Fire, or Northampton Fire (which are all full time depts.) dispatched on either a medical or for a fire box, I always hear a set of beeps and tones before the dispatcher announces the call. Aern't those fire tones?

-Dan

cg

Premium Subscriber
Holyoke's tones are for getting attention, not to open up a radio. If you listen to something like Hampshire County dispatch 154.37, you should hear the two tone sequential dispatch tones.

chris

bandit17

Ok, so how do I know if the tones I'm hearing are attention tones or tones to open up a radio or Minitor pager? You said the Hampshire County Fire Net uses tones....do you have any tone out info for them?

-Dan

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
nope, no info.
You just have to recognize the difference between the standard console tones and the two tone sequential tones. The majority of career depts do not use the two tone sequential. The majority of volunteer FD's use some kind of pager tones for alerting. There is info on other threads about how to record and then break down the tones using software. Do a search on the site for something like decoding tones or similar.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.