Wharton State FF

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

We're now getting alerting telephone calls re a working fire near us. "If you smell smoke..." and apparently smoke was noticed as far away as NYC.

Edit: 6 calls, same msg, in 10 min. Geez.

Last edited:

ecps92

Any 162-174 USFS Activity ?
Word was some Air Drops were to occur

Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

We're now getting alerting telephone calls re a working fire near us. "If you smell smoke..." and apparently smoke was noticed as far away as NYC.

Edit: 6 calls, same msg, in 10 min. Geez.

w2xq

Mentor
Bill, I don't know. Don't have USFS frequencies in the scanner, nor could I hear the ground communications. The rain moved in during the afternoon hours, and I'm sure the heavy downpours helped to quell the fire. And after I posted the message, I did see the smoke had made it to PA as well. Wind must have been blowing along the front that moved through. I love the pines and holly trees on the place, but fire does make me nervous at times. This was the first time in 35 years we had robocalls about a forest fire.

Tech792

There was 2 NJFFS Ag Cats doing drops. USFS doesn't come in to NJ unless requested (or all hell has broke loose)

Status
Not open for further replies.