What features do you want to see in the Home Patrol III ???

FedFyrGuy

Premium Subscriber
Still use 2 Home Patrol II units in a mobile configuration in smaller vehicles that don't lend themselves to the installation of larger radios like the SDS200 without the use of a "remote head." With a similar form factor, if the mythical HP-3 could accommodate P25 Phase 2 simulcast, NXDN and DMR reception that would be an ice breaker for me. Oh, and provide a start up protocol that doesn't require resetting date/time, charge time etc. Incredibly annoying on the existing products where the internal backup no longer maintains the required memory.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Oh yeah, remote head would be a great option for mobile use.

gary123

A functional discriminator tap or even better a output from the DSP for digital signals. The last would require a firmware change as well as a hardware addition for the data out port.

ludek-brno

The SDS line IS Uniden.
I'm sure John Bearcat is not the shot caller when it comes to new product releases. He is merely a public information employee and the messenger. You also have to realize that Upman was a unicorn, a blessing, to our RR Forums. I'm sure Joe Bearcat has a full plate.
I expect some tangible results from the product manager.
There is nothing for the whole 1 year, except empty HW fw.
Uniden has returned to the Stone Age after Paul Opitz left, and I'm afraid the future may be one small step forward, but 2 steps back.

ludek-brno

A functional discriminator tap or even better a output from the DSP for digital signals. The last would require a firmware change as well as a hardware addition for the data out port.
Yes, a functional discriminator for the use of soft decoders such as DSD + FL and others

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Oh yeah, remote head would be a great option for mobile use.
I never understood why Uniden discontinued the RH 96 introduced in 2007 and discontinued in less than a year for lack of consumer interest, I didn't know one person who didn't buy one including myself. The demand was so high, Scanner Master resurrected it in 2011 but eventually ran out of parts within a year. That was a pretty cool remote head.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Uniden couldn't even catch up with the SDS line and you want another intermediate product?
1 year with John Bearcat and we have nothing !!!!

He comes out on Wednesday's, just in time for the Scanner Master show to give some false hope he's still vital to Uniden's operation. Watch the Scanner Master You Tube show and see how much he participates.

Oh wait, today is Wednesday...here he comes!

belvdr

No longer interested in living
So from everything that's been requested, it looks like the new model will be based off the IC-R8600.

gary123

HP-3 THE PAUL OPITZ edition
simulcast
DMR (out of box support)
NXDN (out of box support)

My $2.00 worth
P25p1
P25p2
dPMR
TETRA
.0025 full freq display
Extra on board memory for future expansion or purchasable options like specific mode decoding like ACARS etc.
remote headable option for mobiles
Big display for possible touch screen - touch screen disable option(use current menu structure system)
built in GPS for mobiles using the regular antenna port (?)
WIFI or blue tooth control/audio output
Discriminator and or DSP output
enhanced audio AGC
user selectable back light and keyboard light colors and brightness - independent for each
beep volume offset so keyboard beeps and alerts can be set so they are not too loud or quiet when monitoring services
Better signal strength indicator or selectable RSSI
user/expert mode
- control ENC mute disable,
- DMR CRC disable/enable for RAS non RAS
- expanded CC and user data display Neighbor site, ALGID, KID, RID

A unit with all these features would be on many serious peoples to buy list. The cost would not be the deciding factor. You cant get a Lamborghini for Honda pricing.

N8IAA

Where are the F/W updates for the SDS, 996P2, and other current scanners???
Nowhere. Ol' Joebearcan't is the face of the Uniden scanner production.

I see that some replies go back to some ancient threads about waffle makers, etc..

I'm sure that most are seeing the writing on the wall, NO Updates or Upgrades.

But, wait, Uniden never lets on if there is anything new in the works.
Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

FreeBander

Premium Subscriber
I'd Like A SDS Flagship Home Patrol 3.

Detail Display Like SDS Scanners

Maybe Make It A Rugged Case.

Just A Couple Ideas