what software for a bcd396

Status
Not open for further replies.

leobgal

i've been away from scanning for 10 years what software is best for this novice. Thanks

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
ProScan is great. Worth the money. Bob is great with taking feedback and quickly pushing bug fixes. Functionality is great and covers a very wide amount of Uniden scanners.

wtp

for your 396XT,
freescan is still around.

enduser56

I have used Freescan for years with great success. It does, admittedly, crash after a few hours on Win 10 but I can live with that unless someone knows a fix. Also, general question, the recording function seems to work fine and I see the recording file destination in the log viewer. The problem is I get no playback. On playback, win Media Player loads but there is no sound. Here's a shot of my recording setup. Any ideas?
freescan record setup.GIF

Thanks all!

ilgrant

If it is a 396T then you can download the software that was included in that particular model here.

Freescan and Proscan are also very capable. I've noticed with Freescan that the 396T will not decode P25 correctly if the scanner has already been programmed. Do a factory reset first before programming with Freescan if there is already programming in the 396T. I don't know if the issue also occurs with a 396XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.