What to listen to in QLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0VERT

Well my old Pro-39 is getting a bit old and I am looking into a new scanner. But what is there to listen to in QLD ?. I beleave the police have moved over to digital but I don't know if there using encryption and/or if they will start. Really don't want to be getting a digital scanner to find there is nothing to really listen to :(

grant

What to listen to in Quuensland

If you are in the heavily populated SE part of Queensland (ie Gold Coast-Brisbane Metro-Sunshine Coast etc) the police communications are now encrypted APCO-25 digital (which sounds like a buzzsaw on normal scanners and a record going backwards on a digital scanner).

However, there is plenty of things to listen to .... just depends where you live and how much money you want to spend if you want to upgrade... eg to a trunking scanner. Personally I would save the pennies for the new Uniden Aussie version of the 396 .... it does trunking, digital and close call. Should be available by the middle of the year from reports I am hearing.

Grant

C0VERT

Sounds like a plan. Will hang out for the aussie version and see how I fill then. New lets see how mutch I can get rid of this pro-39 on ebay for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.