• Other

Votes: 61 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzyscanner

Realistic

Mine was a Realistic Pro-2003 I'm sorry I didn't put Realistic as one of the options.

Attachments

• realistic_pro2003.jpg
    realistic_pro2003.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,114
Last edited:

mciupa

Database Admin
Pro 2022 .
Had it modified so that it could pick up TPS without the tones when they were on 142 megs.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
my first scanner back in the mid 1950s was an FM table model radio with the crystal changed out so it would pick up 159 MHz. Then I got the first Radio Shack Patrolman. A handheld with a gray case and a VFO that workd on hi band.

rhutch

Realistic Patrolman 8 ch scanner then I got the Realistic 4 channel hand held scanner to go with it. I remember laying in bed at night and watching the amber lights flash.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Bearcat SP-H/L:

oldbearcat-1.jpg

Had four slots for crystals.. only ever had one in it (for 153.86 - at the time, Pickering Fire frequency 3).

I still have this, and it still powers up, given the right amount of juice applied. Nothing anywhere remotely near me transmits on 153.86, so I don't know if it still receives.

rhutch

Get a crystal for the weather channel? It would make a great little weather radio

rafale01010

An old but still operable BC60XLT 10ch 10band radio. now that i know how to run it, i got some of the conventional channels around here programmed in,

DaveH

Bearcat BCIII L/H made by Electra, before the Bearcat name was taken
over by Uniden. It had plug-in front-ends for lowband and VHF highband.
I intended to get OPP 42MHz crystals for it but a few years later got a Bearcat
101, one of the earliest synthesized scanners.

Dave

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Yeah... those old Bearcat radios :) Low AND high band operation!! 30-54 MHz and 136-174 MHz. :)

I often find myself wondering what else I could have picked up had I had the right crystals. My father got the scanner initially so the family could keep tabs on him at work, but we spent lots of time in York Region as well, in north Markham, at relatives' residences. We tried for a few years to figure out the right frequency and crystal needed for MFD, but it never happened.

CharlesDom

I don't remember the model number but I know it was a 100 channel scanner. This was back in 1989, I was in the Air Force and stationed at Okinawa Air Base in Japan. This Master Sergeant had one and got me interested so I ordered it from the Base Exchange. I thought it was the best thing since sliced cheese.

I could pick up just about all the transmission on base, including incoming aircraft and security forces. I was really in the "know" about everything. Oh yes, the good old days. It was great back then.

Lobstah_Guy

My first scanner was a Heathkit GR-110, 8 channel VHF Hi band that I built while going to an electronics school at Mare Island, CA in 1974

williams63

4 ch " Patrolman " Scanner , with 4 crystals...2 for OPP ( 42 Mhz back then ..and 2 for Sudbury Police.

My dad was a Cop with the Sudbury Dept...so I could now listen to dad at work.

Sudbury had a VHF 2 ch system them, they had 1 ch used for undercover work..it was Speech Inversion or as my dad called it " Sideband " God Bless the ole guy !

williams63

Jay911 said:
I often find myself wondering what else I could have picked up had I had the right crystals..

Good heavens Jay , I soooo recall this now ( after my post ) " Hey dad if only I could get an RCMP Crystal..." LOL , my dad just smiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.