Whats the chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjinndoawi

Ok, I had one of my 996t's installed in my truck but I took it out because I don't have one of those HAM license. What could happen if I reinstall it in my truck and I dont have a HAM license if I got pulled over?

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Can you afford $34(+/-)? That's the cost of a ham study guide ($20) plus the cost to take the test ($14).

Would you rather bite the bullet and fork over the coin and a couple hours of your valuable time or would you prefer to ride around biting your nails forever?

Just my thoughts....

To answer your question, if you behave normally, PROBABLY nothing. But POSSIBLY, something.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
What COULD happen? It could get confiscated. You would never see it again, plus pay court costs for being prosecuted for having it. Plus aquire a 'record'. That's what COULD happen. All it takes is one cop having a bad day, or who hates listeners.

I'd say, not worth it, if you insist on not getting that ham license. Listen at home (and work, if allowed). Getting the needed (for Florida law) ham ticket is relatively easy, just an investment of time. Plus, you get to carry an actual ham rig too, and chat with other hams, not just listen.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't risk it, get the ham license, I did and it was well worth it

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
Wow, 4 replies and no one posted the "My wife's sister's husband is a cop and he TOTALLY won't give you a ticket so you're fine, plus laws are stupid" reply.

Like everyone else said, you'd probably be fine, but why risk it?

whooey

My brother's wife's brother is a cop and he TOTALLY won't give you a ticket so you're fine, plus laws are stupid. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.