Where are they Made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

General definitions and terms (from Wikipedia) as applied to this conversation:
  • Nationalism -- you care about which country/-ies produced the radio
  • Racism -- you care about the race of the person(s) that produced the radio
  • Bigot -- person intolerant of others' views
Given these definitions, if a person wants a radio produced only in a specifc country, but does not care about the race of the person(s) working in the production plant who assembles the radio, then that would qualify as "nationalist" but not "racist".

Hope this helps,

pb_lonny

General definitions and terms (from Wikipedia) as applied to this conversation:
  • Nationalism -- you care about which country/-ies produced the radio
  • Racism -- you care about the race of the person(s) that produced the radio
  • Bigot -- person intolerant of others' views
Given these definitions, if a person wants a radio produced only in a specifc country, but does not care about the race of the person(s) working in the production plant who assembles the radio, then that would qualify as "nationalist" but not "racist".

Hope this helps,

I would guess that if a radio is made in country X then it is only right to assume that the people making it are also from country X? This also raises the questions of if the issue is to do with the people or the processes used in the country in question?

QDP2012

I would guess that if a radio is made in country X then it is only right to assume that the people making it are also from country X? ...

A person who wants a radio from the U.S. (instead of another country) might be a nationalist while not necessarily being a racist, considering how many different races are represented in the U.S.--probably every race on earth, or close to it.

This also raises the questions of if the issue is to do with the people or the processes used in the country in question?

I think it is reasonably safe to say that manufacturing processes vary between countries, and that this can causes differences in product-quality. It goes back to the QA/QC and how well it is implemented at each production facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.