Whistler 1065

I know I’ve read and read articles and posts about the Whistler 1065, however I’m not an expert nor am I looking to become an exact expert I’m more interested in casually listening when I’m free however, ive uploaded channels both Digital and Conventional using Win500. I recently moved to Mesa AZ and have the local police and fire including some other cities near me. The issue is the Digital channels. Im reviving them but I hear a bunch of garbled noises instead of clear voices. I’ve moved my scanner to multiple locations high and low, played with the antenna and placed metal near or around the scanner but nothing seems to help these digital channels come through clear. Any ideas on how or what is causing these issues or maybe something I can do to help with the issues? I’m not exactly familiar with repeaters or anything like that. I’m just trying to see if I maybe uploaded channels wrong or not or maybe interference?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
The issue is the Digital channels. Im reviving them but I hear a bunch of garbled noises instead of clear voices. I’ve moved my scanner to multiple locations high and low, played with the antenna and placed metal near or around the scanner but nothing seems to help these digital channels come through clear.
Welcome to the RR forums. If you're trying to monitor Pinal County P25 then as pointed out in Post #2, the system is P25 Phase-II which your scanner will not handle. Also, Casa Grande Police are fully encrypted (mode "TE") which means no scanner can monitor them. Fire is "in the clear" as are other mode "T" talkgroups. If you haven't abandoned your quest to track what can be tracked then I'd highly recommend the Uniden SDS100 or SDS200

Last edited: