WHISTLER WEDNESDAY - Did you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAbirdman

how do i put it in root of the SD card. need help ?

once you have created the audio file, renamed it and saved it on your PC. then open the SD card and simply copy the audio file to the card. Make sure that the audio file doesn't go into a folder.

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Wendy. I put the line from scarface "say hello to my little friend" on mine.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've deleted the LSM messages from this thread.

There's plenty of other threads discussing the issue so let's not pollute this thread any further.

Thanks.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
I wonder if you can change the other noises too. Maybe custom tones if you pick up your local highway patrolmans portable radio? :)

MichaelBhere

Whistler Wendy provided an email address to send suggestions directly to her should you want to make sure Whistler will see your comment.

Regarding this did you know thread, I have created several fun sound bites and had my kids vote on them. The winner was a T-Rex roar and my kids now find my scanner "cool".

D

darunimal

The klaxon sound when it turns on in the car is a real wake-up call.

SCPD

QRT
Yes but

I use Adobe Audition, others have used Audacity. I am sure there are many other sound programs that can save in or export to a .au format.

Yes but how do you go from a say mp3 to a .ulaw format? I understand how to convert from ulaw to .au

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Yes but how do you go from a say mp3 to a .ulaw format? I understand how to convert from ulaw to .au

Hello,

I would use Audacity with the Lame codec. Open the MP3 with Audacity and edit the sound file. Select Export Audio and save as type "Other uncompressed files". Select AU (Sun/NeXT) as Header and U-Law as Encoding.

73 Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.