Whistler WS-1095 DC Power Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

edisonfire

Does anyone know if I can buy replacement DC power connections so I can move scanner/radio from vehicle to vehicle without having to bring power cable? Does Radio Shack carry such an item? There doesn't look on Whistler website extra DC cables but you can purchase AC powered. At $15-20 each, its seems wasteful to buy an AC just to cut the wires for cigarette lighter or fuse connection

DJ11DLN

Does anyone know if I can buy replacement DC power connections so I can move scanner/radio from vehicle to vehicle without having to bring power cable? Does Radio Shack carry such an item? There doesn't look on Whistler website extra DC cables but you can purchase AC powered. At $15-20 each, its seems wasteful to buy an AC just to cut the wires for cigarette lighter or fuse connection

I think I would drop Whistler an e-mail and ask about it. I am sure that they could sell the lighter plug cable separately even if they don't officially list it as accessory. Lots of folks have posted on here about how accommodating they are about things...maybe time to find out if they will go a step farther. I don't see anything on RS similar to what you need in the price range you specify (there is a universal GPS cord for $22.95 that might work) and since there is no corresponding RS model to the 1095, they probably wouldn't have a turn-key part you could use.

Here's the RS piece:
https://www.radioshack.com/collecti...enercell-universal-gps-cla?variant=5717378437

Last edited:

Blackswan73

I think I would drop Whistler an e-mail and ask about it. I am sure that they could sell the lighter plug cable separately even if they don't officially list it as accessory. Lots of folks have posted on here about how accommodating they are about things...maybe time to find out if they will go a step farther. I don't see anything on RS similar to what you need in the price range you specify (there is a universal GPS cord for $22.95 that might work) and since there is no corresponding RS model to the 1095, they probably wouldn't have a turn-key part you could use.

Here's the RS piece:
https://www.radioshack.com/collecti...enercell-universal-gps-cla?variant=5717378437

That will not work. The 1095 does not use a standard barrel connector. It uses the same connector as a GRE 600, RS 197, and 652, and Whistler 1065, 1095, and 1098. It is similar. To a Sony laptop connector. It has a 14mm center pin.

edisonfire

So the same cable that fits the RS197, 652 Whistler 1065 will fit the 1095? I'll search Ebay and Amazon that way

TES

That will not work. The 1095 does not use a standard barrel connector. It uses the same connector as a GRE 600, RS 197, and 652, and Whistler 1065, 1095, and 1098. It is similar. To a Sony laptop connector. It has a 14mm center pin.

That "14 mm center pin" sure sounds a bit big to me!

The plug is an EIAJ RC-5320A type 5 plug. Whether or not this is a "standard barrel connector" is subjective. Dimensions are shown on Radio Shack's Adaptaplug Chart to the right of Letter T.

Blackswan73

Sorry about that. Should have been a decimal in there. 1.4mm. You can buy the plug on eBay, and make the adapter. Or you can buy the adapter on the Whistler site.

Status
Not open for further replies.