Whistler WS1040 assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCRoadglide

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased a Whistler 1040. I've uploaded frequencies (from Radioreference using ARC 500 software) into banks 1 & 2 and it works fine. However, when I attempt to upload additional frequencies into another bank, it will upload those frequencies in the bank I select, but in doing so...erases the frequencies in banks 1 & 2. What am I doing wrong, or not doing?

noobiest

The software files have to be completed before entering. The radios only remember the last file put in

tvengr

Well Known Member
When you write to the scanner, it loads all 20 scan lists, overwriting anything in the scanner. You want to save what you have in the software and add to it before uploading to the scanner..

N8IAA

Just purchased a Whistler 1040. I've uploaded frequencies (from Radioreference using ARC 500 software) into banks 1 & 2 and it works fine. However, when I attempt to upload additional frequencies into another bank, it will upload those frequencies in the bank I select, but in doing so...erases the frequencies in banks 1 & 2. What am I doing wrong, or not doing?

Having used a Pro-106, the 1040's older brother, for over 12 years, I've made that mistake plenty of times. :)

Had to learn to save the profile of the scanner before uploading to the scanner. In fact, I've gotten into the habit of saving it when I download the programming to the software. It certainly is a PITA when you have to put everything back in again. o_O

You can still use the original profile and add new systems/frequencies, then save it before sending it to the scanner. Trust me, you'll do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.