Williamson County

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashSWT

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
2
Location
Galveston/Houston, TX
Talk-group 6000

Hey guys, for the past few days I've been hearing a fair amount of traffic on TG 6000. This is the first time I've ever seen this TG in use.

It sounds like mobile surveillance going on, possibly narcotics related, and pretty informal. Everyone is using first names (as opposed to unit IDs) and I haven't heard any sort of dispatcher.

Any ideas?

.
 

W5TWX

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Location
Round Rock, Tx.
I have no idea but I will give it a listen and see if I can pick it up here in Cedar Park.

What knid of photo journalism work have you been doing lately?
 

W5TWX

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Location
Round Rock, Tx.
I heard some action on 6000 last night. It was a bust somewhere and I couldn't figure out where. Last I heard was: "lets move in and take'em down"
 

FlashSWT

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
2
Location
Galveston/Houston, TX
Very interesting. I haven't heard it in use during the day at all this week so far. I'm pretty sure it is not Round Rock PD but beyond that I have no idea.

_
 

FlashSWT

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
2
Location
Galveston/Houston, TX
Dang, it is like the week of new TalkGroups!

Just heard the SRO at Westwood High School (a WilCo Sheriff Deputy) involved in a foot chase on 5906 and then 5907. These both look like status bits (+2 emergency activation and +3 patch) for a real TG of 5904 which I have never seen used before.

During the chase they patched SO Tac 1 into 5904 so I'm assuming it is a TG the other deputies don't have in their radios.

_
 

W5TWX

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Location
Round Rock, Tx.
Those SRO's are new to me. I know when I was teaching at the "ROCK" (in Round Rock) 3 years ago, the SRO we had was using RR's dispatch north 1648. Yesterday I heard RR's SRO's using Tac 3.
I'm aware of Cedar Park's training. I keep them locked out so I can listen to the rest. It's pretty boring here in Cedar Park.

I'm gonna be moving back to RR next month and can't wait to get back home. We lived there for 30 years. I think you and i will be pretty close. I'm looking at the Gattis School Rd. area.

What knid of photo journalism work have you been doing lately? I do nature photography as a hobby to relax.
 

FlashSWT

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
2
Location
Galveston/Houston, TX
The RRPD SRO's still operate on North and South Commands depending on which school they are at. The WCSO SRO's at McNeil and Westwood have always operated on "W Call 1." Today was the first time I ever saw this 5904 and the only reason I know it was the WWHS SRO (they have regular unit numbers) was because of the conversation.

RR SRO's also have regular patrol designations and will leave campus to assist in major incidents. Last week they had both Tac 1 and Tac 2 in use for a big fight at Stony Point HS.

Lately it has been lots of sports, Express and now HS football has started back up. Thankfully no big accidents or anything to cover. I did make it out to that big grass fire north of Hutto a week or so back.

_
 

FlashSWT

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
2
Location
Galveston/Houston, TX
Here is another new one I'm just seeing for the first time today: 5968

It sounds like similar traffic to the new 6000, which makes sense considering it is the closest possible lower TG.

_
 

W5TWX

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Location
Round Rock, Tx.
Heard some action on 6000 one day this past week. They were working undercover in Cedar Park and Austin at the same time. They were just keeping an eye on both location. Not much was said...
 

W5TWX

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Location
Round Rock, Tx.
Hey Flash,

It's sat morn about 11:15 and the following is what I just heard on TG-6000.

"I'm leaving Georgrtown at this time. When we meet at the staging area we will switch to TAC 2". (which turned out to be Wm Co SO TAC 2 on TG-3600) "There are two tangos on the front porch. They just saw us and ran inside the house. Go, go, go, go, go. Secure prisoners, secure prisoners. Secondary units move in now. County, code 4. The dog is locked in the back closet just so your aware. Bring the van around. We need EMS for a woman that is having an asthma attack".

Never did hear an address. The 3 subjects they ran Id's on were ages: 33, 25, and 61.

So it now seems that this is the county SO doing the undercover work on this TG-6000.

Just heard this went down on Indian Oaks street in Liberty Hill.
 

mikepro96fan

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Location
Austin, Tx 78750
Hey all, I've just started listening to the Williamson County TRS on my Pro95...(Pro 96 is in the shop being fixed)...Is there any talkgroups that use encryption?? I'm interested in listening to undercover, tac talkgroups..I live on 2222/Jester Blvd.. I'm on the outskirts
of Williamson County...Any other talkgroups not listed that are good for my area??
By the way, Mr.Wizards in Austin repairs scanners!!!
 

W5TWX

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Location
Round Rock, Tx.
the only undercover workings that i've heard is the ones listed on here. Round Rock PD uses their NEXTEL's.

No encryptions that i've heard either.
 

W5TWX

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Location
Round Rock, Tx.
Just listen to the dispatch and TAC TG's and that's about all there is...

The new 6000 TG that FlashSWT found has been active the last few weeks
 
Last edited:

FlashSWT

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
2
Location
Galveston/Houston, TX
KC5SUZ, nice catch this morning! I guess we definitively know now that 6000 is used by the SO.

Mike, other then 6000 I don't hear much undercover stuff (although I do NOT listen to Cedar Park or Georgetown; only RR, county and Hutto). Every once in a while I hear what sounds like surveillance on RRPD Special Ops (1872) but I've also heard training on that TG (as opposed to the dedicated training TG 1840). Things are a lot quieter up here then in Travis County.

_
 

FlashSWT

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
2
Location
Galveston/Houston, TX
KC5SUZ, thanks for the warm wishes in the other thread. It has been nice having someone else actively listening to coordinate with.

On that note, here is another new TG I heard Friday night: 5872 Similar to the other new TGs I'm pretty sure it was SO units talking (they referenced SO Tac 1). They were trying to find some guy who knew they were looking for him. His wife was relaying info to dispatch about how he didn't want to get caught and wasn't coming home because he knew they were there looking for him.
.
 

W5TWX

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
535
Reaction score
0
Location
Round Rock, Tx.
I think what they are doing is skipping around and using unidentified talk groups so that the people they are watching hopefully wont hear them. They know that some of these guys are monitoring the listed talk groups and not using the search feature.

Anyway, take care and we'll see ya around...
 

FlashSWT

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
2
Location
Galveston/Houston, TX
Not a bad thought. I just assumed adding and changing TGs in all the radios would be a pain but maybe it is fairly simple.

And here is another one I'm hearing today after lunch: 1235 which means the real TG 1232 is patched in with something else. They were talking about switching to Fire Primary so I'm assuming it has something to do with one of the fire departments.

EDIT: After further listening it sounded like an escort of some sort. Hmmm...
.
 
Last edited:

FlashSWT

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
2
Location
Galveston/Houston, TX
County 9-1-1 system fails

Not directly radio related but interesting enough:

Friday, February 23, 2007

County 9-1-1 system fails

Round Rock Leader
Staff reports

At just after 8 p.m. on Feb. 21, the 9-1-1 telephone switch in the Williamson County Communications Center suffered a complete equipment failure. The system that automatically reroutes incoming 9-1-1 calls to other 9-1-1 centers in the case of a switch failure also experienced some failures.

Due to the failures, an undetermined number of incoming 9-1-1 calls went unanswered when those calls never rang in any 9-1-1 center, county officials said. The cause of the specific problems and their resolution is under investigation.

Williamson County officials Thursday advised that 869-5621 is an alternate emergency number for people. Friday, officials noted the 9-1-1 served had been replaced. Calls were still being routed through Georgetown Police and Cedar Park Police departments. The cause of the failure was being investigated.

.
 

FlashSWT

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
489
Reaction score
2
Location
Galveston/Houston, TX
Hey guys, I was back in good old Williamson County for the past few days and picked up another new TG. 8544 was in use by the Jollyville Fire Department (I submitted an update to the Database but it hasn't shown up yet). I also heard brief comms on 8512 but not enough to have any idea who was using it.

.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top