Win500 Error with Virtual Scanner Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd901

Win500 Error with Virtual Scanner Management

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running version Win .1.092 when I try to send P500 files to the Virtual scanner management folders I get an error 02 message This happens no matter what way I try to do it. When I try to commit I get this error message and no matter how many times I retry I get the same message. Don can you help on this? To add to this it will sometimes say ERROR Received (Expected ACK) -folder-1...IT says retrying operation maybe successful. After 20 times I figured it will not work. Does anyone have any info on this. I travel and V FOlders would be a big help. . This happens if IO click write or read. No this issue has not been solved in the other forums. Please leave here so those of us waiting for an answer can retrieve it and then you can remove it. Omnly those of us experiencing this problem will know if the suggestion solves the problem. As was previously the suggested answer althoughit was much appreciated did not solve our issue..Thanks all there must be a solution to this.

DonS

Frank's post in another thread does a pretty good job of illustrating the V-Scanner steps in Win500. I will, however, point out another step that should be performed FIRST: when you first open the V-Scanner dialog, click the Refresh button. That will put the scanner into its "Remote V-Scanner" mode, ensuring that Win500 can communicate with the scanner.

Where do you see this "error 02 message", and what is its exact text?

sfd901

Don this is what the error looks like. "ERROR Received (Expected ACK) -folder-1...IT says retrying operation maybe successful." I have also spoken to HighPockets on the phone and he has had the same situation.

DonS

Are you hitting the "Refresh" button as the first operation after opening Win500's "V-Scanner" window? If not, you should be.

After getting that message, are you then trying to hit the "Refresh" button again?

When the error message appears, what does the scanner's display look like? Does it change after hitting the "Refresh" button again?

What programming cable are you using?

sfd901

Error message

Don the error message comes up within the WIN500 Virtual Scanner Management screen above where the initializing should begin. Then an overlay screen pops up and on top says WIN500 and then the message says "Received an error message from the scanner,retrying the operation may be successful." I tried this many times and same results. I also tried your suggestion of hitting refresh first. I have 1 file loads and works in scanner fine in memory. It just won't allow me to add files to folders in Virtual management and vscanner folders

sfd901

Error message

Don when I do those steps and hit refresh the scanner continues to scan my one file. It makes no change to the display on radio at all

DonS

In reply to a post in another thread (let's keep this discussion in this thread from here on).

When you see that message:
1. Click the "OK" button in the foreground window.
2. IMMEDIATELY click the "Refresh" button in the "Virtual Scanner Management" window.

Some questions (please answer each one):
1. After #2 above, do you get any other result?
2. What programming cable are you using?
3. Do you have more than one such progamming cable plugged into the computer?
4. Silly question, but: is the programming cable plugged into the scanner's "PC/IF" jack?
5. If the answer to #2 here is "the orange RadioShack USB cable", are you using the little "adapter cable" that came with it? If so, don't
6. Are you able to upload to / download from the scanner using the "Upload to Scanner" and "Download from Scanner" items on Win500's "Scanner" menu?

sfd901

1. No matter how many times /I click, write refresh, read I get the same message.
2. Using the Radio Shack Orange usb scanner /pc interface cable 20-047
3. this is only cable plugged in
4. yes it is plugged into PC/IF jack
5. the short adapter cablle is not used
6. Yes I can upload one folder group at a time to scanner. The list I have in radio was provided by Steve (High Pockets) and loaded ok and I hae also made folder from Radio Reference and ok. Other than this Virtual management for the Vscanner folders all works ok. One small question though is this is still the demo version as I was still testing versus ARC500. I think your is easier to use with the exception of this issue. I am going to purchase the full version from you as long as I can get this situation corrected

DonS

All of your answers look "good" (i.e. I don't see anything that would cause a problem).

Try this on the scanner's keypad...
1. PGM FUNC GLOB (F3)
2. FUNC <down arrow>
3. Ensure that both "CCDump" and "DSPDump" are set to "No"
4. If you had to change either option in #3, hit "Save" (F1)

If you made any changes in #3, re-try the Win500 V-Scanner "Refresh" function (twice).

The above shouldn't be a problem, but it might be worth a shot.

sfd901

The scanner was already set as you said. There is definetly an issue here. Radio programs fine otherwise using WIN500. DOn did you see the photo attachment I sent of the problem? Will the Evaluation version be causing my issue

DonS

The scanner was already set as you said. There is definetly an issue here. Radio programs fine otherwise using WIN500. DOn did you see the photo attachment I sent of the problem? Will the Evaluation version be causing my issue

I did see the photo in the other thread.

The Win500 "trial" version is not causing the problem (the trial version is fully-functional, only limited by time).

What I do find odd is that the scanner's display doesn't change, even after you hit "Refresh" a second time. The scanner's display should change to "Remote V-Scanner", with "EXIT" above the F1 key.

When you hit "Refresh", do the LEDs in the cable's orange housing blink?

D

DaveNF2G

This guy started THREE THREADS about this.

You have received a complete answer in the WinXX New Versions thread. I'm not going to repeat myself here.

DonS

Which version of the Win500 EXE are you running? Win500.EXE or Win500_COM.EXE ?

I think I have been able to reproduce the "Refresh button never succeeds" problem with the _COM version, but never with the non-_COM version.

DonS

The file Win500.EXE is in the same Win500.ZIP file as Win500_COM.EXE.

If, for some reason, you don't have Win500.EXE, you can always get the current version from my web site.

The only difference between Win500.EXE and Win500_COM.EXE is how they communicate with the USB programming cable. Win500.EXE talks to the drivers directly, while the _COM version talks to a "virtual COM port" (the _COM version is intended for people who must use virtual COM ports - like those running Win500 on Linux).

sfd901

DOn this is the message I get when I use the EXE version
Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "WinXXCommon.dll", error 126

Status
Not open for further replies.