Win500 pro106 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd901

I use this software to program my scanner. I mostly use the radio on rechargeable batteries. Is there a way with the software to have the lcd dispaly light to come on when it stops on an active channel? How would you do that

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
If I remember correctly:

Simply highlight all your conventional objects by going to the CONV objects tab, click the first conventional object, then scroll down to the last one, hold shift and click on the last conventional object, and then choose "On" on the right side of the window underneath "Backlight", and then do the same for your trunking talkgroups. Then save and upload it to your scanner.

W6KRU

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't this work manually?

1.)Press PGM
2.)Press the F2/Edit key
3.)Press the F3/Find key
4.)Press the F2/Text key
5.) Press the #1key and that will show the numbers above. Type in the talk group# in there. .
6.)Press the F1/Ok key
7.)Press the F2/Edit key
8.)Press the down arrow key to backlight. Press the right arrow key to On
9.)Press the down arrow key to the Alarm: Press the right arrow key to whatever alarm you want
10)Press the the F1/Save key
Now the backlight should only come on when theres a transmission and alarm sound if you chose one.

if the other option didn't work

W6KRU

Wouldn't this work manually?

1.)Press PGM
2.)Press the F2/Edit key
3.)Press the F3/Find key
4.)Press the F2/Text key
5.) Press the #1key and that will show the numbers above. Type in the talk group# in there. .
6.)Press the F1/Ok key
7.)Press the F2/Edit key
8.)Press the down arrow key to backlight. Press the right arrow key to On
9.)Press the down arrow key to the Alarm: Press the right arrow key to whatever alarm you want
10)Press the the F1/Save key
Now the backlight should only come on when theres a transmission and alarm sound if you chose one.

if the other option didn't work

You are right. It can be set on a per channel basis. I was looking for way to set it globally.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
You can't do it globally, but you can in chunks with my first post.

InlandAZ

I use this software to program my scanner. I mostly use the radio on rechargeable batteries. Is there a way with the software to have the lcd dispaly light to come on when it stops on an active channel? How would you do that

Have you tried setting Backlight to "On" in the Alert section? It can be done for both Conventional and TSYS objects.

Maybe I just don't understand the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.