Win500 useage help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd901

I am a new user with WIN500 and Pro 106 radio. I have a few questions.
1. I have a file of my area agencies and ready to upload to radio. Is there a way to default all active frequency to turn on the back light without checking each frequency in the list.
2. When ever I load this list it replaces my old one. I travel and want to be able to put a few different area lists in radio and then open them as needed.
3. Can I add a default scan delay of 1 second on all channels without checking each frequency in my file?
4. How do I name Scan Lists and add the lists to each scan list?
5. Cranford New Jersey olice is VHF digital. They are in next town. I have used Radio Reference but cannot get anything on the radio from them but can on my Uniden BCd996

Last edited:

RKG

1) Win500 allows you to perform "ganged" operations by selecting a group of lines in a CONV or TGRP screen (using traditional Windows selection techniques, including CTRL-A for "select all") and then performing the change. For instance: you have 100 CONV objects; you press CTRL-A and select them all; you press the down arrow in the "Backlight" box on the right and select "On." Backlight "On" has now be selected for every one of the CONV objects highlighted.

2) Read up on "V-Scanners" (what an awful, juvenile, Windows-like term) in the PSR manual. In a sentence, this feature enables you to store a copy of the working memory in one of 20 archive locations in the radio, and such stored images can be downloaded to over-write working memory (and thus control the radio) as desired from time to time. (Sort of a long sentence.)

3) See #1. Be advised, though, that 1 second for a scan hang delay is pretty short; you'll miss replies.

4) Upper left hand section of the "General" Win500 screen provides a place to name the scan lists.

5) Can't help you without knowing more.

sfd901

V Scanner

The manual makes no sense. I tried several ways and can't seem to store more than one file. Any hints would be helpful

sfd901

Back light

Thank you for your reply. I cannot find any place to perform a Ganged entry of back light on . I see an individual box on right side of screen

DonS

Thank you for your reply. I cannot find any place to perform a Ganged entry of back light on . I see an individual box on right side of screen

That "individual box on right side of screen" will affect all objects (CONV or TGRP) that you have selected on the "left side of screen".

RKG

The manual makes no sense. I tried several ways and can't seem to store more than one file. Any hints would be helpful

Upload a codeplug to the scanner. That puts it in working memory.

<Func><Pgm>

Stor

Down arrow to the V-Folder (I HATE that term) number you want to store a copy of the contents of the working memory to.

Stor

Really overwrite? Yes.

V-Folder name

Either press OK to accept existing name of that folder, or using the PSR method of alpha entry (sorry, you'll have to go back to the manual for that) to enter new name and then OK.

Any any time, you can put a copy of a V-Folder (Grrrr) into working memory as follows:

<Func><Pgm>

Load

up and down arrow to the V-Folder you want.

OK

Overwrite main memory? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.