Win96 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsh1885

My win96 has stopped working, I have E-mailed Don Starr about this a couple of times, but I have not heard back from him yet. I thought I would post it here in case anyone here has an answer. When I try to open Win96 it starts to load,but abruptly stops and I get the following error message: Access violation, followed by a series of letters and numbers that are different each time I try to open it, then it says tried to read then displays the same numbers as above, then finally it says, program terminated.

Thanks!

Here is an example of the display I am getting: "Error Access Violation at 0X3F057BAC (Tried to read 0X3F057BAC), Program Terminated.

Last edited:

Chris0381

Ide suggest downloading it again and seeing if there was a corrupt download.

Ide suggest trying it on another computer or windows installation to see if the problem is your windows installation that has become unstable for this one program (dont ask why I cant explain)

All scanner software is buggy, I dont know why and maybe its because its not made by dedicated programmers that do just ony programming of scanner software.

If you have a second small win-96 dedicated HD, Ide reinstall windows get it all set up and then make an image of the installation. Then install win-96 and restore the image and reinstall if win-96 gets corrupt again.

The things we do to get a favorite program to work on Gates's shell.

lsh1885

Thanks, for the advice. I was able to get it running again by having it unzipped into the my documents folder instead of c/unzipped like it was before. On the negative side all the data I had put in it is gone so I will have to start from scratch, but I'm glad its working now.

Chris0381

Did your data file get corrupt. You should be able to load an old data file. Also make backups in a seperate directory and even hard drive is possible.

Hope all goes well

Status
Not open for further replies.