Windsor Police Call Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strat_Man

Hey i was just wondering if anybody knows the call sign scheme for Windsor Police and could give me some info as to what the individual units 'are'? so far i've gathered that:

Alpha = Marked Patrol Cars - Day Shift
Bravo = ??
Charlie = Marked Patrol Cars - Evening Shift
Delta = ??
Echo = Marked Patrol Cars - Overnight Shift
Foxtrot = These guys always seem to be around downtown .. often controlling tunnel traffic .. but also responding to other calls .... they seem to be on foot sometimes, and sometimes in a marked car ..
Golf = ??
Hotel = Plain clothed "Street Crimes" detectives/officers
Juliet = These guys always seem to be around downtown as well .. I think mostly on foot althouh i'm not sure
Kilo = K9 units
Lima = ???
Mike = Marked and unmarked traffic enforcement cars and motorcycles
Oscar = ??
Papa = Prisoner Transport / Wagon
Romeo = ??
Sierra = Sargents
Tango = Not sure .. i hear them responding to some of the same calls as the regular patrol units ... but sometimes not around at all
Uniform = ??
Victor = ??
X-Ray = Forensic ID
Yankee = ??
Zulu = not sure ... but they always seem to be around the bridge .. they never respond to anything that i've ever heard.

any other windsor area people on here that can help me identify the 'purposes' of the ones I dont know, correct me if i'm wrong on any, etc?

Stumper

CallSign Prefixes for Windsor P.D

The following are the prefixes that are in use by Windsor PD.

Alpha = Day Shift
Bravo = Not Assigned
Charlie = Afternoon Shift
Delta = Not Assigned
Echo = Midnight Shift
Foxtrot = Walking Unit
Golf = Not Assigned
Hotel = Special Investigations
India = Not Assigned
Juliet = Bikes
Kilo = Chief
Lima = Drug Squad
Mike = Traffic Units
November = Auxilliary Police
Oscar = Not Assigned
Papa = Paddy Wagon
Sierra = Sergeants (Uniformed)
Tango = Tactical (Swat)
Uniform = Not Assigned
Victor = Detectives
Whisky = Not Assigned
X-ray = Ident Unit
Yankee = Marine Unit
Zulu = Special Assignment

Hope this helps.
Stumper.

Strat_Man

Thank you very much for your help! That was very informative. I haven't visited the forum in a couple months so I didn't know I had a reply,

Anyway just recently, within the last month or so I've started hearing "Bravo" units dispatched sometimes, during the day. These units seem to respond to normal calls. Are these possibly PC's working an "overlapping" days/afternoon shift or something? I never heard any mention of them until just recently.

Are you from Windsor? I have many other questions about radio codes here and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.