Wireless Blue Tooth scanner programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanfan03

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 2, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
17
Location
Houston, Texas
You know you can make your headphones wireless through bluetooth? I wonder if you could use that same technology and program/control your scanner wirelessly? I doubt it would have a very good range, but that is one less cable you would have to worry about.
 

scanfan03

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 2, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
17
Location
Houston, Texas
Well, I don't think you would be able to control or upload any frequencies from your scanner, because I would think that it would be one way. But you would be able to download frequencies to the scanner, or if you had adapters, upload. I don't know, I just thought of it. I'm thinking it could work.
 
N

N_Jay

Guest
You can do just about anything you want over Bluetooth up to the available data rate.
It can go between 10 and 100 meters.
All you have to do is design the interfaces at both ends :twisted:
and it is bi-directional! :wink:
 

Concrete1

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2004
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
I heard "rumor" that the Uniden SC-230 will have wireless programming capability (xmitter not included), unknown , if true, weather it will be blutooth or som other frequency.
 

scanfan03

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 2, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
17
Location
Houston, Texas
Concrete1 said:
I heard "rumor" that the Uniden SC-230 will have wireless programming capability (xmitter not included), unknown , if true, weather it will be blutooth or som other frequency.

That's not Bluetooth, that is just you hook a 1/8" to 1/8" cable from your computer out to your transceiver that has a mic in input. Then transmit while the software on your computer trasnmits the necessary tones.


BTW- I'm going snowboarding today in Colorado (be back on the second) and won't have the laptop, so won't be able to reply.
 

DaveH

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2001
Messages
3,287
Reaction score
56
Location
Ottawa, Ont.
Concrete1 said:
I heard "rumor" that the Uniden SC-230 will have wireless programming capability (xmitter not included), unknown , if true, weather it will be blutooth or som other frequency.

When it says "wireless" it doesn't necessarily mean RF. It could be an infrared (IR) interface. Some cellular phones use this (not mine, it's fairly ancient...).

Dave
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top