WISCOM (2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
866
Reaction score
19
DNR & WISCOM

DNR is holding off this year from what I've heard. Probably next Fire Season too.

Hmmm, intresting. Wonder why, although from what i`ve seen of this system (WISCOM) to date i wouldn`t be too suprised at the answer to that `un. Mabey they got some bugs to work out yet. Reason i asked is i heard some chatter from someone i know on the HAM bands (on UHF) that he got some old DNR radios because they were gonna move to WISCOM, they were getting rid of the units he got and that`s what got me kinda curious :). N9NRA
 

sfd119

Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
1,762
Reaction score
105
They did/are getting new radios for WISCOM but are still on Analog Conventional.

It sounds like they're just simply not ready for WISCOM and with local cooperation with local FDs on FG Blue, their Dispatch, and County's dispatch...it creates some problems for them in the trunking world.
 

box23

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
500
Reaction score
27
Location
State of Superior
Anyone happen to scan around for new sites today? Has anyone seen site #126 to date?

I did a site scan on my radio on a while ago and happened to see it briefly affiliate to 126. I just finished a search on the scanner and didn't come up with any new control channels that I couldn't reasonably map to an existing site.
 

N9NRA

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
866
Reaction score
19
They did/are getting new radios for WISCOM but are still on Analog Conventional.

It sounds like they're just simply not ready for WISCOM and with local cooperation with local FDs on FG Blue, their Dispatch, and County's dispatch...it creates some problems for them in the trunking world.

Which is exactly why i don`t think they (DNR) will be doing the WISCOM thingy anytime soon. Wouldda been kinda fun to listen to, just to see how they`d shake out on the new system using the radios and such, might be fun to watch just to see what crops up :). N9NRA
 

Tim

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
515
Reaction score
123
Location
Milwaukee, Wi
Greetings All..

I heard Taylor County "Law 1" (61001) being forced out onto the Delafield Site in SEWI tonight. I am not sure if they have fully switched over or are just testing. Being a small county, I didn't hear much radio traffic during the 30 minutes I was able to listen tonight. Someone closer might be able to provide more information

Tim
 

box23

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
500
Reaction score
27
Location
State of Superior
Greetings All..

I heard Taylor County "Law 1" (61001) being forced out onto the Delafield Site in SEWI tonight. I am not sure if they have fully switched over or are just testing. Being a small county, I didn't hear much radio traffic during the 30 minutes I was able to listen tonight. Someone closer might be able to provide more information

Tim

I'm a little too far away to provide much useful information, although I do remember Taylor was one of the first early adopters announced around the same time as Sawyer. For what it's worth, when I was working on identifying site #126 yesterday I did see a new license had been granted in Taylor County, but I didn't have time to cross reference anything to see if it was a new fill-in site or what.

As for #126, I have identified it as the new Douglas County site at Dairyland, co-located with the conventional Law and Fire repeaters. Control channel is currently on 152.5175 MHz.

The patched audio from DGFIR is now much improved and DGLAW is also being injected into the system.
 

Direwolf131

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 22, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
16
I'm completely disappointed in the wiscom conversion progress, is state patrol even using it? I loaded the freescan software, and then the wiscom system itself from the database, but it appears to not have any quick key structure, and I have no desire to figure it out. I am really regretting dropping the money I did on this 396XT radio, its virtually useless as is here in rusk county...
 

RickJF

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
Duluth, Mn
Talkgroup 16101 sounds like it may be Superior police? can anyone verify that. I believe this is a new talkgroup for the Douglas County.
 

RickJF

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
Duluth, Mn
"What towers?"

Superior towers, Today the CC is 152.037500, The CC for this tower has been changing back and forth for a month now
 

MarcusDude

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
223
Reaction score
53
Location
Appleton, Wisconsin
In addition to the WISCOM sites listed on Radio Reference, I have these. Does anyone know the status of any of these sites?
County Site License Frequencies
Douglas Allovez WQRP969 151.2500
Dunn Colfax WQSD431 150.8825 154.9275 155.6100
Juneau Reedsburg WQPR259 150.8525 151.4750 153.1850 154.6650
Milwaukee Greenfield 800 WQRZ986 853.4750 853.9750
Milwaukee Greenfield, City of WNGR327 854.2125 856.4625 857.4625 857.9875 858.9875 859.4625
-recently modified emission modes to include 8K10F1E
-does anyone know if this is going to become part of WISCOM?
Ozaukee Port Washington WQPP500 151.0700 151.3400 151.4450 155.5050
Portage Plover WQKN395 151.2650 155.3850 155.5800
Taylor Medford WQPJ917 151.2275 154.0250 154.1900 155.9250
Taylor Bellinger WQPQ440 151.0775 151.3325 154.6650 155.7075
Vilas Boulder Junction WQLQ400 151.2200 154.2275

Also, these are some future sites to watch for:
County Site Application Frequencies
Dane Madison Linden 800 0005925621 851.4750 851.9250 852.4250 853.3625
Dunn Tyrone 0005878055 150.8975 155.4600 155.6700
Dunn Menomonie 0005904646 151.3175 153.0500 153.2225 153.6950 155.4450
Juneau Necedah 0005911607 150.8900 151.4150 154.7250 154.9200
Kewaunee Algoma 0005900056 150.8750 154.8075 155.1900 155.8350
Kewaunee Kewaunee 0005900056 154.8225 155.0700 155.3175 155.5275 155.7375
Kewaunee Luxemberg 0005900056 151.0400 151.3700 154.3100 154.9200 155.6700
Milwaukee Bayside 0005893157 854.3625 854.8625 855.3625 855.3625 859.3625

On a somewhat related note, here are some new sites for the Wisconsin DOC/DHS P25 system:
County Site License Frequencies
Columbia Portage WQKB482 851.3875 851.8875 852.3875 852.8875
Dodge Waupun WQKB482 851.3750 851.8750 852.3750 852.8750 853.3750 853.8750 854.9625
Milwaukee Milwaukee WQKB482 851.3625 851.9000 852.4000 852.9250 853.4250
 

box23

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
500
Reaction score
27
Location
State of Superior
"What towers?"

Superior towers, Today the CC is 152.037500, The CC for this tower has been changing back and forth for a month now

I noticed that also. But there is a lot of interference potential there to force a switch periodically.

I also assume the talkgroup would be present on Parkland since it covers the city. Can you confirm?
 

RickJF

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
Duluth, Mn
I just confirmed DoCo Fire 16007 and Superior Police 16001 on both the Superior and Parkland sites.

And the CC for Superior has once again changed back to 152.562500
 
Last edited:

sfd119

Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
1,762
Reaction score
105
I was just wondering if they were pushing it out further throughout Douglas County and possibly Lampson as (1) I know their Analog Channel can carry a ways and (2) more testing of capacity of the System.
 

N9NRA

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
866
Reaction score
19
I just confirmed DoCo Fire 16007 and Superior Police 16001 on both the Superior and Parkland sites.

And the CC for Superior has once again changed back to 152.562500

I`m just a bit curious, had me a peek at the DB for Douglas County on WISCOM, 16001 is also DGLAW, is the SPD running a seperate talkgroup on just the sites mentioned (Superior and Parkland towers)? Just wondering, as now i`m a bit confused. This should make listening to WISCOM a smidgen more fun when i get up there for the holidays :). Up till now that system`s been rather boring. N9NRA
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top