• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall517

I received this radio from Aliexpress after about a month (thanks customs..) for $13.00, and may I say.

This little radio is something else!!! Although I've only had it a few hours and it is only 16 CH(UHF ONLY). The clarity on TX and RX is UNBELIEVEABLE. The English speech synthesis is more English than it is Chienglish, it has a nice weight to it. It's about the size of Yaesu's tiny little HT. Honestly, it stands as tall as the Galaxy S4, with half the width. The scan is great on this and although it peaks at 2W and has a built in antenna, it gets out alright.

It came with a little charging dock, that uses Mini-B connector for charging. You can plug the Mini-B connector directly to the radio but only for charging. It also came with a little belt clip, almost like an Otterbox phone clip case.

The radio programs with the same type cable as the Puxing 777 and other radios of that type connector.

The programming software is straight-forward however you can't lock out TX on channels. My workaround was to put those channels on low power and put the TX frequency on a GMRS channel (I have the license for it) just in case you accidently key.

This is an interesting radio worth a $10 and some change.

If anybody has any questions about it I will certainly try and answer these as I know I left out some key points.

Last edited:

cmdrwill

Mine came in this morning from a US vendor, and it works well on the first frequency already programmed in it, 452.875, on the service monitor. Nice TX and RX audio. Have not programmed it yet.

Scan! I have a 12 page fold out 'User's Manual'.... mentions Monitor, not Scan.

FireBall517

Scan!

Mine came in this morning from a US vendor, and it works well on the first frequency already programmed in it, 452.875, on the service monitor. Nice TX and RX audio. Have not programmed it yet.

Yeah, in that software, you can hold CH- to initiate scan. I enjoy this radio. I love that it uses a Nokia battery, such a cheap replacement.

PA3G

I received this radio from Aliexpress after about a month (thanks customs..) for $13.00, and may I say.

This little radio is something else!!! Although I've only had it a few hours and it is only 16 CH(UHF ONLY). .

And the most funny thing is that it's a dual band radio too! VHF/UHF mixed programming is possible. Don't know how the antenna is on VHF..

cmdrwill

I got the software, not the rar file at 409shop. I have the exe, and it works just fine in XP, with the USB cable for the Woxon.
I am totally amazed at the clear audio on both TX and RX.

PA3G

I got the software, not the rar file at 409shop. I have the exe, and it works just fine in XP, with the USB cable for the Woxon.
I am totally amazed at the clear audio on both TX and RX.

Also succeeded with dual band?

KD8DVR

Also succeeded with dual band?
Watch it. The dual band hacks will transmit a full power signal on the harmonic and a very weak signal on the frequency you intend.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All comments are personal opinion only and may not indicate a claim of actual fact.

AI6VX

FWIW, there is another clone of this radio. The Luiton 316 which Chirp also supports (though it will revert to a Retevis radio but you MUST switch it back to Luiton 316 or it won't work.
I picked up a 2 pack from Amazon to play with, $23.99 for the pair.
Does not come with a docking holder but does come with 2 mini-usb AC adapters.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Watch it. The dual band hacks will transmit a full power signal on the harmonic and a very weak signal on the frequency you intend.
It's a pity that the firmware won't reject out of band programming like it should. As you've noted, it doesn't really tune to VHF frequencies at all as the circuits aren't designed to do so.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber

KD8DVR

It's a pity that the firmware won't reject out of band programming like it should. As you've noted, it doesn't really tune to VHF frequencies at all as the circuits aren't designed to do so.
Not to mention the antenna is only designed for 70cm.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All posted content is personal opinion only and may not imply fact or accusation.

K5NUN

User manual

Is there an online link to the 12 page user manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.