Wrecker Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOK5CY

They could lease space on a shared system and thus wouldn't be the licensee for either vhf or uhf. So the truck only has 2 antennas and one is a cellular and one is a VHF? Hum, then were is the uhf antenna for the 800?

Ok if they were using a shared system they still need to be licensed to use the system . Just like OK DPS and TPD share a system .

peterjmag

Okay I 'm done. Since you are the new Polar Bear 25 I am not going to waste my time with debating with you. That facts remain, 99% of Sperry is in Tulsa County, Pauls' Wrecker is not 800 and 300 knows about towers and leasing. Have a wonderful day and a Happy Kwanza!

KOK5CY

I'm going to Bartlesville tomorow and i'll make a trip just see to paul's wrecker base antenna . I guess you all think i don't know anything . The truth will come out when i get back ....This is a whole new ball game ...

iamhere300

I'm going to Bartlesville tomorow and i'll make a trip just see to paul's wrecker base antenna . I guess you all think i don't know anything . The truth will come out when i get back ....This is a whole new ball game ...

Pictures please.

And no one thinks you don't know anything - but you make it difficult when you keep saying something
different. They are trunked, they are not, come on - stick to one story, and let us poke holes in one story,
don't change your story as you are found wrong!

Are you also going to stop in and tell the owners that they don't know what they are talking about?

peterjmag

I'll call them right now and tell them that you will be prowling around their property tommorow. I'm sure they will love that. BTW LTR can be VHF and UHF. The new ODOT LTR is VHF Passport which can't be monitored. Also, the radios they are using are not 800. What more do you need to know? Psssfffttt!

Sparky_one

You've all got it wrong.

I can't remember the name of the movie, but it was about these competing wrecker services. So in order to get business one of the companies carried the magnetic door signs of all the wrecker companies in town. So they monitored the police and business band for calls and sniped everyone else's calls. I'm sure that's how they do it up there!

BTW, wreckers are supposed to be on a rotation. But certain companies have peeved certain officers and troopers. SO often those companies get skipped.
So when I see a wrecker speeding down the highway I usually don't think much about it because I remember they have limited time to get to the scene.

hacksaw

Premium Subscriber
Hey , Sparky_One, Mother Juggs and Speed was just like the movie you're describing. :D hilarious moments in that movie. :D

iamhere300

BTW, wreckers are supposed to be on a rotation. But certain companies have peeved certain officers and troopers. SO often those companies get skipped.
So when I see a wrecker speeding down the highway I usually don't think much about it because I remember they have limited time to get to the scene.

In some areas wreckers are on rotation.

In Missouri one wrecker company, who was also reputed to be a band of thieves, sued the state when their company was removed from the rotation list for a variety of reasons.

They won, and the state has to go with sending whoever the individual, or TROOPER tells them to send. I smell more lawsuits....

KOK5CY

I'm going to make this short and sweet and maybe some of you can understand it . Most of us depend on info from this site for info and some get info from the fcc site . How ever i get most of my info from searching the internet and using my base and i go online to dig up the info on that freq .

How ever i did go by NOT STOP at paul's and the that yagi antenna is gone but from what i've seen on some of there trucks are a Vhf and cell antenna's .

So what i'm saying is i was wrong and i'm not here to start war's about who has what .

That's all i have to say ....BTW please respect my user name KOK5CY ..Not KOOKY ..That's wrong and i've never called anyone names on this forum .

If you can't respect me don't bother me ....

Thank You

HAVE A NICE DAY

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Okay guys, You've all had your fun, now knock if off.

Keep it on topic or I'm gonna close the thread.

peterjmag

I not trying to beat an old thread but I was at Paul's house last night and they do not have a base radio. All they operate on is kenwood handhelds as mentioned. I got to handle a few of them and they are programmed by Action radio and the handhelds are Kenwood Nextedge. On the displays it says Pauls Wrecker Digital. So they are VHF digital radios just like Mototrbo. Enjoy...

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Sigh

What do you mean they switched to 800mhz? Peterjmag just gave you first hand knowledge that your information is wrong....ahem...again.

Could we just go back to the original question and everyone quit trying to be right. Who cares! You guys waste more space arguing back and forth that I just get tired of reading the posts anymore!

peterjmag

Could we just go back to the original question and everyone quit trying to be right. Who cares! You guys waste more space arguing back and forth that I just get tired of reading the posts anymore!

I don't understand why you posted what you just said? I was trying to stay on topic and confirm fact verses fiction. I was not trying to flame. Now I am confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.