Wrong cable with 536 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dxnomad

Just got my 536 this afternoon and when I went to set up the program to update the scanner I found the wrong cable was included in my box. I have a usb A male to a usb B male, the small but not micro sized usb connector. I can see where this would work with the handheld model , but not the 536 to my desktop computer. I need a usb A male to usb A male cable. Anyone else have this issue?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Just got my 536 this afternoon and when I went to set up the program to update the scanner I found the wrong cable was included in my box. I have a usb A male to a usb B male, the small but not micro sized usb connector. I can see where this would work with the handheld model , but not the 536 to my desktop computer. I need a usb A male to usb A male cable. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm pretty sure your cable is correct, it plugs in the front. The rear USB "A" is for the WiFi dongle.

Dxnomad

Yes it does, with lots of egg on my face ! Called Uniden and was advised of this. I have not bought a new scanner since my pro 2006, so some of this is new to me. I could not go back and remove my post since I am new so I had to wait. The manual could really have been a lot better in respect to the controls and their function for us newbies.Since the manual did not specify what each usb was for I was afraid to take the chance as it clearly showed I was not thinking correctly and applying some logical thought to this. I will try to do better in future posts. I am used to my ham radio manuals and this is clearly not written to the same standards. Thank you for the reply.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Yes it does, with lots of egg on my face !... I will try to do better in future posts. . Thank you for the reply.

I wouldn't worry about it. You asked a question and it got answered...that's what Radio Reference is all about.

And welcome to RR!

Status
Not open for further replies.