Wrong com port ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDOG25

I keep getting wrong com port when I try to program my pro97 with the win97 I dont understand what am I doing wrong ?? or is there a better program to use for programing it. Thanks for the help.

Bucko

What cable are you using, the 20-047 USB ? If so you should install the driver off the supplied CD from Rad Shack then go to configuration in Win97 and click serial port and change it to Com4. If you are using the serial cable use Com1 in the configuration. Win97 is the way to go for your Pro97, I use it on my 2055 and it the best by far.

RayK

Hi, I am using Win97,Pro97 and the rs 20 -047 usb cable ,if you check the users manual on the cd that came with the usb cable , it will give you step by step how to install and trouble -shoot any problems.
Ray(btw I'm using Comm Port 2)

hobbyhoser175

For Windows XP, go to the "control panel" then "system" (you may have to switch to classic view) then click on the "harware" tab. Click the "device manager" button the the plus sign next to ports. The port you want to select will be next to "USB Serial Port"

If you are using Win97 you need to change the srial port under the "configuration"menu.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.