WS1065 Miller/Morgan County

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs22c372

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, new to scanning and have a Whistler WS1065. Paid for RR 180 Day Membership and bought the PSRedit500 software. I followed along with the pdf guidebut after a couple hours I have only heard it stop once or twice with any sort of communication. Just hoping someone could give me some more pointers, ideas of what I could be doing wrong. Do I need an outside antenna to pick up more? We are very rural (county pop around 10,000) so maybe there's just not much going on. I think I have it programmed right but I could definitely use pointers. This is my first scanner so any tips/tricks are appreciated.

KA0KDW

Are you scanning conventional stuff or the MOSWIN system. Most of not all law enforcement in Morgan and Miller county are on MOSWIN snow I believe. However one agency I know that is still on conventional analog is Laurie Police.

rs22c372

Premium Subscriber
I believe I programmed it with the digital bands. I did put some conventional codes in as well, but I am just not hearing much at all.

KA0KDW

Ok. If you’re running the stock antenna that’s a big part of it. If you’re able to put some sort of antenna outside (even if it’s just a mag mount) that’ll make a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.