WSB Traffic frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4DHR

I'm curious if anyone knows what frequencies that the WSB traffic helos/aircraft use to actually transmit their reports back to the station? I found the frequencies they use to talk to each other at 450.250/455.250.

I'm assuming that they probably use one of the dozen or so frequencies they're licensed for to use with their mobile broadcast vans to communicate back to the station itself for what we hear on the radio. Does anyone happen to have this handy?

N8IAA

Try 450.05/146.2pl, 450.4875/146.2/pl, 450.75/146.2pl. Also, 450.5125. That is the list of frequencies I have at hand for WSB TV-2.
Larry

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
For traffic reports, the 450.2500 (the repeater output - no need to listen to the input) is the main channel. You will hear them come up on Metro Traffic's channel 450.3875 every so often. Secret or private frequencies? Nope. I ought to know, I programmed up almost all of their radios! When Captain Herb isn't flying, he is doing his reports from his house out in Douglas County. He pretty much stays off the channel and works via Nextel or cellular to communicate with the Traffic Center. Traffic center also uses a paging program to send traffic conditions to the reporters as well. In other words, the less they put on the air, the less the so called competition will know what's going on (especially since they don't have anything in the air).

Also try 450.3125 which was the old Traffic Scan channel which if I recall correctly is the channel they send down the "canned" reports.

W9NES

I listen to WSB am 750 in the mornings from Indianapolis,Indiana on my car radio.The 450.250 and the 450.750 are frequecies we use also for WRTV Channel 6 News (ABC) here in Indianapolis.Best Requards, Tim DeLong Ham Radio Operator,Indianapolis,Indiana

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Are you saying you actually get the skip that far away? I know that when I was working traffic patrols during the Olympics, we flew down to Savannah and I was still able to hear Metro's repeater output and they could "pick me up" albiet scratchy (but we were at 2500' ASL).

W9NES

I cannot hear the radio traffic on 450.250 and 450.750 from WSB from Indianapolis,Indiana but that I could hear WSB am -750's signal from my parking lot on the Northwest Side of Indianapolis early in the morning hours in my parking lot on my car am radio.I can also hear WSB AM- 750 from my home in the late night hours on a walkman with headphones in my master bedroom before going to sleep.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
WSB Radio

I used to be able to hear AM 750's signal when I lived in New Jersey back in the '80s. It came in very clear during early morning rush hour as well as late night. All the "clear channel" AM stations carry pretty much like that. As a kid growing up in north Florida, I used to listen to LSU football games every Saturday night on WWL in New Orleans. And who hasn't listened to the St. Louis Cardinals on KMOX? By the way, sometimes you can also listen to the three NYC network home stations late at night - WNBC (660), WABC (770) and WCBS (880).

Don_Burke

I used to be able to hear AM 750's signal when I lived in New Jersey back in the '80s. It came in very clear during early morning rush hour as well as late night. All the "clear channel" AM stations carry pretty much like that. As a kid growing up in north Florida, I used to listen to LSU football games every Saturday night on WWL in New Orleans. And who hasn't listened to the St. Louis Cardinals on KMOX? By the way, sometimes you can also listen to the three NYC network home stations late at night - WNBC (660), WABC (770) and WCBS (880).
660 has been WFAN since 1988.

Status
Not open for further replies.