Attachments

• 33.PNG
    33.PNG
    8.6 KB · Views: 1
  • erre.PNG
    erre.PNG
    121.7 KB · Views: 0

toolman60

OK. I had trouble with MBGMON here on my end so I tried Dimension 4. I been running Dimension 4 for 11 years no problems.

You need to go 1 step at a time. I see you fooling with FLdigi,WSJT-X and maybe other programs.

Pick 1 and get it setup and running correct and then integrate it into your logging program.

WSJT-X setup your audio paths which will be USB Codec on the Icom if I remember correct.

and PTT should be Cat for it. Been to many years since I set up an Icom. Watch the waterfall graph in WSJT-X you should see traces on the WF if you have correct audio input selected. You should eaisly see 40-50 different FT8 signals on 14.074 .

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
OK. I had trouble with MBGMON here on my end so I tried Dimension 4. I been running Dimension 4 for 11 years no problems.

You need to go 1 step at a time. I see you fooling with FLdigi,WSJT-X and maybe other programs.

Pick 1 and get it setup and running correct and then integrate it into your logging program.

WSJT-X setup your audio paths which will be USB Codec on the Icom if I remember correct.

and PTT should be Cat for it. Been to many years since I set up an Icom. Watch the waterfall graph in WSJT-X you should see traces on the WF if you have correct audio input selected. You should eaisly see 40-50 different FT8 signals on 14.074 .
I am trying both wsjtx and JTDX......everything seems working but not recieving anything. MBGMON simply does not work for me. I am going to try Dimension 4 next. I have everything set up exactly as shown in wsjt...receive audio is at 50% like its supposed to be... I just doint know why I dont see anything. EDIT......wow as soon as I installed and clicked "sync" I see a bunch of FT8 stations coming thru!!!! THANK YOU!!!! Now what do you actually DO with this?????

Last edited:

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
Do you have your audio input and output set correctly? Using the internal card on the 7300?

toolman60

If you like I can look at it thru a remote desktop for you. look my email up at qrz.com

Tim
KJ4DHF

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Do you have your audio input and output set correctly? Using the internal card on the 7300?
Yes I was able to get it to work recieving stations now...installed "Dimension 4" clock sync program and wsjtx sprang to life. Seeing a TON of stations from all over....cool but how do I actually communicate with this now? I have a macro that I can send out "cq de w1av FN41" program seems to transmit ok and it looks like someone trying to reach me but dont know how to answer.

Attachments

• 234.PNG
    234.PNG
    63.7 KB · Views: 7

toolman60

click on call 1st the software will auto sequence for you. if you double click on someone that answers your cq the SW will run it course

toolman60

You may need to adjust your filters in the 7300 also. set them wide and you may here some more stations than just 7 on that decode capture you posted. I am showing 40-50 every 15 seconds here in VA on 20m

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
You may need to adjust your filters in the 7300 also. set them wide and you may here some more stations than just 7 on that decode capture you posted. I am showing 40-50 every 15 seconds here in VA on 20m
OK but how do i transmit? Is it automatic once you ENABLE TX???

toolman60

To much typing to explain it all. Look at the online or local users guide. or email me a phone number and I walk you thru it on telephone.

The software will do a auto qso after you call cq. If no one answers your cq the watchdog timer will turn the Tx off.

Status
Not open for further replies.