WV Interoperability System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab8sn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
514
Reaction score
3
Location
Camden On Gauley WV
Kanawha Co.

I wish I was a little closer to hit the Kanawha tower(I mainly get the malden tower thankfully),I bet there's a lot more stuff I'm missing,especially any federal stuff I know is going on. I know what I've got programmed in will light up if I took a trip to Charleston,but I'm happy with all the WVIRP and whatever conventional Charleston traffic I get. I don't lack listening at all,it's just I want MORE lol.

That's me and you both. I know I do wish I was in a better location since I can't hear any of the IRP sites here right now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Webster Site will come online in a couple months so I will have something to listen to. Bert based on what I've been hearing on both the Malden and Charleston sites it is the same activity. so you should be in good shape. I haven't been monitoring the State Capitol Site but it should be carrying the same traffic as the other two.

73s

Chad
 

ab8sn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
514
Reaction score
3
Location
Camden On Gauley WV
I caught TG 935 key up earlier today on the Elmira Site but didn't hear any audio. Unsure if this is maybe Barbour or Preston Co. Looks like it could fit either county.

73s

Chad
 

moochie

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
113
Reaction score
15
Location
Clarksburg, Philippi, WV area
Picked up traffic on Barbour County TG 407 Thursday morning while traveling through the area. Sounded like a process server out serving papers. SO is still on 159.180 as far as I can tell.
 

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
1,293
Reaction score
0
Location
Fayetteville,WV
Just pulled in a new talkgroup 3997,anyone might know what mIght be? Lucky I had my scanner on next to me gettIng ready for bed.
 

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
1,293
Reaction score
0
Location
Fayetteville,WV
It was nice to see a new talkgroup pop up,those have been few and far between lately,with spring and summer coming up maybe the airwaves will get a little busier.
 

kyguy

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
Location
ky-oh-wv
Was in Kanawha City today and kept getting hits on 3997 - no voice just key ups -
 

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
1,293
Reaction score
0
Location
Fayetteville,WV
Was in Kanawha City today and kept getting hits on 3997 - no voice just key ups -

I did hear one dude talking to someone,but the conversation was very brief,and just wasn't enough for me to try to make some kind of guess who he was with.
 

wmbio

Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2005
Messages
179
Reaction score
7
Location
Cumberland, Md
New TG 1317, Hampshire county. The Romney officer announced the the new TG as "ALL LAW"
It has been submitted to for inclusion in our DB.

enjoy
Wmbio
 

mtindor

FMP24 PRO USER
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
12,296
Reaction score
3,554
Location
Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
New TG 1317, Hampshire county. The Romney officer announced the the new TG as "ALL LAW"
It has been submitted to for inclusion in our DB.

enjoy
Wmbio

I added this as Hampshire Co Law Dispatch. However, I'd appreciate it if you all would listen and determine if it's Law Dispatch (such as dispatching local PDs) or if it's being used for a TAC channel.

Thanks

Mike
 

wmbio

Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2005
Messages
179
Reaction score
7
Location
Cumberland, Md
It sounds like a TAC channel, just short routine conversations between Romney city and the Hampshire sheriff dept.

Enjoy
Wmbio
 

wvscanner

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
647
Reaction score
0
Location
Beckley, WV
From what notes I have that should be a city pd channel not sure if it would be a tac or just channel 2
 

mtindor

FMP24 PRO USER
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
12,296
Reaction score
3,554
Location
Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
From what notes I have that should be a city pd channel not sure if it would be a tac or just channel 2

What do you consider the difference between a TAC channel and a "channel 2" ?

What city PD do you have notes of it being? I'm guessing if wmbio was monitoring Romney talking on it, then it would be Romney PD.

However, wmbio said the Romney officer specifically referenced it as "ALL LAW", which likely means that it is in the officer's radio with the tag of ALL LAW. And if that is the case, I would surmise that it is more than a single city PD but quite possibly any/all city PDs in the county.

Of course, I'm not listening. But wmbio is. I'd say leave it as is unless somebody can definitively say that it's a specific second/TAC channel for a specific city PD.
 

MOTOROLANUT

Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
301
Reaction score
1
Location
Here, there and everywhere in WV
Many counties have a ALL PD or ALL LAW TG's on the IRP. So that all LE in that county can talk to one another. Since most County and City PD's each have their private talkgroups that are NOT shared between them. Tacs like PTAC or FTAC are used on an incident scene. All units switch over to PTAC, much like a Event channel and still can be communicating with dispatch.
 

wvscanner

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
647
Reaction score
0
Location
Beckley, WV
From what I was understanding the Police would have a channel 2 or private channel. This is for when traffic on the main channel was used for prority traffic eveyone else would be on the 2nd channel. The TAC channels is used between unit's and maybe with other departments.
 

ab8sn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
514
Reaction score
3
Location
Camden On Gauley WV
Hey guys

Was traveling in and around the Harrison/Marion Co. areas the past couple weeks and got several hits of some TG's that do not appear to be in the DB from the Clarksburg Site. I got hits on TG's 407, 110, 126, 193, and 136. Also on TG 136 all the traffic was encrypted on all transmissions I received. Any help in identifying these would be greatly appreciated.

73s

Chad
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top