WV Interoperability System

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvscanner

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
647
Reaction score
0
Location
Beckley, WV
I know in the past I have logged a few RIDS in Fayette County range its just today I caught audio. On both tg's I got today only saying testing. I switch over to Pax and start logging rids. Hopefully they will try some more later this week and have something solid to confirm the county.
 

ab8sn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
514
Reaction score
3
Location
Camden On Gauley WV
I was listening to the Ansted Site for about an hour this afternoon but didn't pick up anything new. Nice to hear that you guys are picking up some new TGs. I'll have to start listening a little bit closer now since Fayette may be starting to test the IRP. Was talking to a buddy of mine earlier this evening about Fayette Co. and he told me that all the police/sheriff vehicles as well as all the fire depts. have IRP radios just don't know why they are not getting used. That was a surprise to me since I was unaware that they had any IRP equipment. And I'll be definitely keeping an ear on any Nicholas activity! My guess would be any new activity heard from them in the near future might possibly be a fire TG. Rumor has it that there may be a few IRP radios out there but unsure which agency currently has them.

73s

Chad
 

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
1,293
Reaction score
0
Location
Fayetteville,WV
I'm gonna keep my Pro 106 on wildcard on the IRP a lot more now,but I put both those talkgroups in and I hope I will get some hits. Surprising that all the county police/sheriff have irp radios but don't use them(maybe they are recent and are now in a testing mode....). This will be a interesting spring/summer maybe. Thanks for that post,Chad :)
 

mike_s104

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
4,817
Reaction score
38
Location
Berkeley Co. WV/ Loudoun Co. VA
I'm gonna keep my Pro 106 on wildcard on the IRP a lot more now,but I put both those talkgroups in and I hope I will get some hits. Surprising that all the county police/sheriff have irp radios but don't use them(maybe they are recent and are now in a testing mode....). This will be a interesting spring/summer maybe. Thanks for that post,Chad :)

Have you guys ever thought about freeing up your digital scanner and use Unitrunker with a disc tapped old analog scanner? Besides the scanner, you'll need a free audio input on a PC/laptop.
 

ab8sn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
514
Reaction score
3
Location
Camden On Gauley WV
Monitoring software

Have you guys ever thought about freeing up your digital scanner and use Unitrunker with a disc tapped old analog scanner? Besides the scanner, you'll need a free audio input on a PC/laptop.

Hey Mike is Unitrunker like PRO96COM? I take it that Unitrunker is used with the Uniden models whereas pro96com is used with the GRE models?

73s

Chad
 

mike_s104

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
4,817
Reaction score
38
Location
Berkeley Co. WV/ Loudoun Co. VA
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

No, Unitrunker does not care what make or model receiver you use.
 

wvscanner

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
647
Reaction score
0
Location
Beckley, WV
I have it on a rs scanner. I just did not have it on pax for the last few weeks. Pax has some coverage for Fayette County. I had been runing it on Ghent, filling in some of the rids of Mercer County SO.
 

ab8sn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
514
Reaction score
3
Location
Camden On Gauley WV
Tg 6501

Nicholas Fire 6501 being used right now..(10am)

Hey guys

I was actually in Elkview when I heard those transmissions! Somehow I was able to be in just the right spot at the time to hear some of it and save the TG. It was one of the Station 7 (Kesslers Cross Lanes) Firemen. I heard him holler a few times on Nich. Fire Gauley to County but no response so I heard him on the IRP on the Ansted Site calling county. Also was picking up TG 9223 on the way back but it was all encrypted.

73s

Chad
 

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
1,293
Reaction score
0
Location
Fayetteville,WV
Chad I had my Pro 106 on wildcard on the IRP most of the day hoping to get anything related to Fayette County,the nicholas talkgroup was the first time I picked it up and heard something(got off early at work today and was glad I caught it)
 

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
1,293
Reaction score
0
Location
Fayetteville,WV
Just now I got TG 6551(OES/911 Nicolas County) when I resumed scanning after being out at wally world with my wife
 

wvufan

Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2005
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
West Virginia
I ran Pro 96com on the Logan site. It's showing a new adjacent site 213 (T020D) 460.7250. I can't pick it up, but I assume it's the Missouri Branch site in Wayne County.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top